“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loden Hotel

You added Loden Hotel to your Saves list
Loden Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1177 Melville Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 0A3, Canada (Downtown)   |
Special Rate
Spring Revival Promotion
Ranked #4 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
London, UK
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 5 nights in April 2013. Lived up to reviews. Very nice room with good view of water and mountains, good location close to downtown but also 5 mins walk to the waterside which is beautiful. Quiet and understated. Very helpful and friendly staff and having use of the hotel taxi was a useful extra. Do take one of their free bikes and cycle around Stanley Park, which is easily done from the hotel. Although try not to do it on a day when it rains, like I did! Vancouver is a beautiful city but when it rains, it really rains!

I didn't try the breakfast or the restaurant, though it looked nice and is clearly popular. There are so many good coffee shops nearby that I preferred to go out each morning. The 24 hour bakery called Breka on Bute Street a few blocks away is a great spot for breakfast. Good pub/restaurant over looking the water near the hotel, called The Mill, had amazing Salmon here with great views.

I usually sleep badly in hotels but I slept well here. Apart from one night with v noisy people of my floor, but that's not the hotels fault I guess! All in all a very nice hotel with personality and some peace and quiet.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We arrived at the Loden for a long stay for a total of 11 nights during April of 2013, First the location is perfect, center of downtown close to all main streets. The restaurant and bar are amazing with great food and cocktails. Actually I can say it was the best restaurant we visited during our stay and we visited many high end restaurants. The service was excellent, I don't remember a single request that it was not met. We stayed in one of the corner vista rooms at the 10th floor, very good view of the city and see. Will visit again for sure.

Room Tip: The hotel has no Pool, so I am showing an average in my above rating not to affect the total rating...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a lovely experience staying at The Loden. The customer service was exceptional. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms were a comfortable luxury, quiet, great bedding, outstanding bathroom! I had to try out the huge tub! We also ate dinner at the hotel restaurant, Tableau. Excellent French dining, great service. We tried a little of everything on the menu and we weren't disappointed. The atmosphere was wonderful which is why we spent hours dining there! We look forward to returning to Vancouver and would love to stay at The Loden again! I really recommend this for people who want personal service, something different from the large, chain hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've stayed in the Loden half a dozen times for business and pleasure, and I've always really enjoy my time here. Very friendly staff, slick rooms, great food for breakfast and dinner. They've upgraded the gym since the last time I came with a ton of state of the art fitness equipment. My only complaint is that they're a little ways from downtown but it's definitely walkable. I'd highly recommend the hotel for business or pleasure stays.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great Location - we walked everywhere, great rooms clean spacious - great view :-) The Restaurant downstairs had a great atmosphere, food and wine amazing... would certainly stay again :-) The staff were super too! Lovely memories.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel and I highly recommend it to anyone who sees too many hotels and hates the boring chain experience but is anxious about risking an independent and getting burned. This is the hotel you want to be at!

Yes, the rooms are beautiful and the location is amazing but it was more than that. The restaurant in the hotel is a favorite of foodies and I would highly recommend Tableau to anyone regardless of whether you are staying there or not. The staff were very competent, professional but not at all 'robot'-ish like you get at chains. And finally, it was a very private, understated presence in the common spaces and from outside. It is like a secret that no one else knows about. Rumor is that they are a favorite with the Film Industry for this reason and I can see why. Very cool. And loved my pink couch....just sayin'....

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room - it felt like we were the only ones in the hotel it was so quiet!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Hard to find a fault in this hotel, and my 10 day stay would have unearthed a few. Clean modern rooms, great location, and staff are discreet yet friendly and ready to help...especially the french lady at reception who works tirelessly and has the most natural welcoming smile at any time of the day. The restaurant next door is very good

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Loden Hotel? Share your experiences!