“Excellent !!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loden Hotel

You added Loden Hotel to your Saves list
Loden Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1177 Melville Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 0A3, Canada (Downtown)   |
Special Offer
Cycle, Stay, Explore!
Ranked #5 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Excellent !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had a great stay at the Loden Dec 27th-30th. We had two rooms, one on the 5th floor and one on the 14th. We were travelling with a toddler and a teenager ...The rooms were amazing with floor to ceiling windows, very comfortable beds and heated bathroom floors. The staff were wonderful ... Adrien A+++ ... Jill A+++ ....and so on .... a warm welcome each time we returned to the hotel or walked past reception, always friendly and the lobby felt like home ...umbrellas were a nice touch ... The morning Nespresso machine in the Lobby was awesome, Starbucks for breakfast was a 1 minute walk away, Urban Fare for lunch or snacks just 5 minute walk, Robson Street for supper and shopping was a quick 7-8 minute stroll up Bute Street, everything we needed was within walking distance. The Gym was well equipped and had state of the art exercise equipment .... excellent facilities ...

French Onion soup at Tableau ...the best !!!

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Lower floor was quieter ....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Stayed here a few times now and yet again, exemplary service. Lucky to have stayed in many high end hotels around the world and this is up with the best. Nice boutique style hotel, very personal, very friendly.

Doorman, pops up as your Courtesy Taxi (London Taxi) driver and again to deliver ice to the room. Room is modern, clean and well appointed.

They were happy to ferry us to our chosen restaurant that night and even pick us up.

We didn't try the lobby restaurant this time as we have found the menu to be a bit lacking, but that really is the only fault. This is an automatic choice for us for a 'treat yourself' weekend in Vancouver from now on

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The Loden is a five star boutique hotel. It's quaint, quiet, romantic and comfortable. It's home to a very trendy restaurant and bar (not as quiet as the hotel but the standards are just as high). Located on a quiet street in a very nice part of the city. Walking distance to some of Vancouver's best restaurants and shopping. The room prices reflect the quality. Sweet dreams!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
La Canada Flintridge, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My room was clean and well appointed and comfortable. The staff welcomed me and took care of my needs (I needed a DVD player, and requested an in-room espresso machine). I loved the close proximity to the water, and Stanley Park. Room service was fast and tasty, prepared by the charming lobby restaurant, I would definitely return...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I’ve to go to BC several times in this year due to my business perspectives. I’ve switched various hotels because I wasn’t too satisfied with the services though when I had a stay in this hotel, I really couldn’t think of going anywhere else. This is surely the best hotel in Vancouver. I loved the services and facilities available in the hotel. I stayed there twice and I was really had a great experience there. My second visit was even special because there was an awesome view of the downtown and Coal Harbor through my suite. The design and furnishing of the rooms were superb and I enjoyed every moment of my stay. I’d like to mention the warm bathrobes as they were brilliant. The most important part that I’d like to mention is the ideal location of the hotel. There was great ease of access for me to various locations in Vancouver. I suggest it’s the best hotel for longer stay and ideal for couples as well. The hotel suites were really decorative and luxurious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Centrally located boutique hotel in downtown Vancouver. Well appointed, modern, sqeaky clean rooms. Very well trained staff. Front desk personnel was outstanding; The hotel car service is very convenient. The guest Experience Manager Adrain Litargne went out of his way to make our stay one of the more memorable ones in all our travels. All in all one of the best hotel experiences i have had in my years of travel. A great thank you to him, his staff and the Loden. Ted L. PR

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We fell in love with the Loden. We stayed in a king suite and it was spacious and gorgeous with elegance and style. The bathroom was amazing: huge soaker tub and a large, tiled, stand up shower. The service was impeccable. We received complimentary water, ice and chocolates upon arrival. Then when checking out, valet provided us bottles of water for our car. Brunch at Le Tableau was delicious, posh, authentic. I did not want to leave!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple