“Simply the best hotel in Downtown Vancouver” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loden Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loden Hotel to your Saves list
Loden Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1177 Melville Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 0A3, Canada (Coal Harbour)   |
Ranked #3 of 97 Hotels in Vancouver
San Diego, California
“Simply the best hotel in Downtown Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I’ve to go to BC several times in this year due to my business perspectives. I’ve switched various hotels because I wasn’t too satisfied with the services though when I had a stay in this hotel, I really couldn’t think of going anywhere else. This is surely the best hotel in Vancouver. I loved the services and facilities available in the hotel. I stayed there twice and I was really had a great experience there. My second visit was even special because there was an awesome view of the downtown and Coal Harbor through my suite. The design and furnishing of the rooms were superb and I enjoyed every moment of my stay. I’d like to mention the warm bathrobes as they were brilliant. The most important part that I’d like to mention is the ideal location of the hotel. There was great ease of access for me to various locations in Vancouver. I suggest it’s the best hotel for longer stay and ideal for couples as well. The hotel suites were really decorative and luxurious.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Centrally located boutique hotel in downtown Vancouver. Well appointed, modern, sqeaky clean rooms. Very well trained staff. Front desk personnel was outstanding; The hotel car service is very convenient. The guest Experience Manager Adrain Litargne went out of his way to make our stay one of the more memorable ones in all our travels. All in all one of the best hotel experiences i have had in my years of travel. A great thank you to him, his staff and the Loden. Ted L. PR

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We fell in love with the Loden. We stayed in a king suite and it was spacious and gorgeous with elegance and style. The bathroom was amazing: huge soaker tub and a large, tiled, stand up shower. The service was impeccable. We received complimentary water, ice and chocolates upon arrival. Then when checking out, valet provided us bottles of water for our car. Brunch at Le Tableau was delicious, posh, authentic. I did not want to leave!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We have stayed a few times and will never stay anywhere else. Gorgeous rooms with the ultimate bedding, perfect location, friendliest and most helpful staff and so many extra's (water bottles in your car, water and glasses on bedside table with Lindt chocolate, espresso in lobby for the very early riser). The dinner recommendations from your staff were just what we wanted. We are just home now and miss you already!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

A friend gifted me with a birthday 'wonderful' stay at The Loden Hotel in Vancouver. I have stayed in numerous hotels in Canada, the U.S. and Europe on business matters as well as pleasure trips/vacations. Only the Hazelton in Toronto compares with The Loden in Canada. My second favorite is the Beverly Hills Hotel in L.A.

I loved the suite I was gifted with for my birthday! Adrian, the class act at the Loden, gifted my friend and I with many perks that the Hotel has to offer. This hotel employee from Paris, France and the beautiful Wickeninish in Long Beach, B.C. is The Best! He is la creme de la creme of hotel employees. Just when I felt this birthday couldn't get any better - voila - I was gifted yet further with two small bottles of Prosecco sparkling wine on ice, with chocolates to boot, because it was a special birthday.

I discovered that the owners of this wonderful boutique hotel are Itallian! I just happen to love everything Italian. Why wasn't I surprised? These Italian classy owners have thought of everything to make one's stay simply magnificent. All their employees spoke so well of them. They mentioned how unassuming they are and how they care about their employees and hotel guests.

Thank you Adrian for the Class Act for this special birthday.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor corner room with water view..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this hotel. I did some research before booking and I was not disappointed. My mother and I were traveling to celebrate her birthday and the cruise ended in Vancouver. It was a short, $6.00 cab ride to the Loden. Shawn (sp?) assisted us and took our bags to the room and gave us some general information on how to get around the city. We walked downtown and saw some sights and booked the Big Pink Bus for the tour. It was a good walk and not too tiring for my mom who is a shade over 70. We celebrated her birthday at the hotel restaurant, the chef is an Iron Chef competitior/winner, which also, did not disappoint. The restaurant was just big enough so you don't feel like a number, but truly a guest. The food was great! The ladies at the hotel front desk raved over the mushroom toast, so we ordered it. I think it's a Canadian thing, it was good, but I wouldn't rave over it. The drinks of the day were something to remember, try one out. The room was on the end and we had those floor to ceiling windows all over. Not a problem at all and the view was nice. There were buildings close by, but they had murals on the wall and there was a church nearby, so while the view was a little obstructed it was still good. I loved the doorbell at the room door :-) The chocolates on the pillow and the pitcher of water were great touches as well. The computer room was set apart and convenient. The second day we needed a ride to the restaurant where we had reservations and the hotel car was available. Very retro and cool, I recommend it if you need a quick ride, even though you're within walking distance of Everything! We walked back from dinner and we felt safe. We also walked through the neighborhood the first evening there and felt safe. The hotel is downtown, but downtown is closed on the weekend and there wasn't a lot of traffic. The bathroom was a great place to visit. The shower was relaxing and the lighting was good. The closet space is enough for 2 people and the sitting bench in the middle is a nice extra. There isn't a lot of room to store luggage in the closet, but there are drawers and hanger and a lot of usuable space. We went to the Italian bakery that is a few doors down on the morning we left and the pastries were divine. They are the European type, good and not overly sweet like typical American pastries. I could go on about how much I loved staying here, but I think you get the idea. This review comes 4 months after the visit. If you want to treat yourself and/or someone else, stay at The Loden, you won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hendersonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great hotel, very attentive staff.
Central location .
beautiful rooms, great bathroom.
Nice gym , great restaurant.
Everything is well taken care off .
Espresso machine in the lobby!
Fresh water bottles in our car to replace the empty ones!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Loden Hotel? Share your experiences!