“A little bit of heaven!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loden Hotel

Save Saved
You added Loden Hotel to your Saves list
Loden Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1177 Melville Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 0A3, Canada (Coal Harbour)   |
Special Deal
Free Breakfast for Two
Ranked #3 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Laurel, Maryland
“A little bit of heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this hotel. I did some research before booking and I was not disappointed. My mother and I were traveling to celebrate her birthday and the cruise ended in Vancouver. It was a short, $6.00 cab ride to the Loden. Shawn (sp?) assisted us and took our bags to the room and gave us some general information on how to get around the city. We walked downtown and saw some sights and booked the Big Pink Bus for the tour. It was a good walk and not too tiring for my mom who is a shade over 70. We celebrated her birthday at the hotel restaurant, the chef is an Iron Chef competitior/winner, which also, did not disappoint. The restaurant was just big enough so you don't feel like a number, but truly a guest. The food was great! The ladies at the hotel front desk raved over the mushroom toast, so we ordered it. I think it's a Canadian thing, it was good, but I wouldn't rave over it. The drinks of the day were something to remember, try one out. The room was on the end and we had those floor to ceiling windows all over. Not a problem at all and the view was nice. There were buildings close by, but they had murals on the wall and there was a church nearby, so while the view was a little obstructed it was still good. I loved the doorbell at the room door :-) The chocolates on the pillow and the pitcher of water were great touches as well. The computer room was set apart and convenient. The second day we needed a ride to the restaurant where we had reservations and the hotel car was available. Very retro and cool, I recommend it if you need a quick ride, even though you're within walking distance of Everything! We walked back from dinner and we felt safe. We also walked through the neighborhood the first evening there and felt safe. The hotel is downtown, but downtown is closed on the weekend and there wasn't a lot of traffic. The bathroom was a great place to visit. The shower was relaxing and the lighting was good. The closet space is enough for 2 people and the sitting bench in the middle is a nice extra. There isn't a lot of room to store luggage in the closet, but there are drawers and hanger and a lot of usuable space. We went to the Italian bakery that is a few doors down on the morning we left and the pastries were divine. They are the European type, good and not overly sweet like typical American pastries. I could go on about how much I loved staying here, but I think you get the idea. This review comes 4 months after the visit. If you want to treat yourself and/or someone else, stay at The Loden, you won't regret it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

1,214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Hendersonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great hotel, very attentive staff.
Central location .
beautiful rooms, great bathroom.
Nice gym , great restaurant.
Everything is well taken care off .
Espresso machine in the lobby!
Fresh water bottles in our car to replace the empty ones!

Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel is so great - it's a lovely little boutique and the staff is very attentive, warm and helpful. Our room had great views of the city and Coal Harbour. I was there for work and my husband and baby were there enjoying Vancouver. Everyone at the hotel was really inviting to us as a family, including in the restaurant. Business-wise it was very close to the metro (Sky Train) and also to the float plane departures to Victoria and ferry to North Vancouver, so it made it very easy for me to get to my appointments. Access to everything you want to see in Vancouver is right there - Gaslamp district, Stanley Park, Financial District, etc. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The one-bedroom suites come with your own espresso machine - nice perk.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

A friend and I celebrated her birthday November 8, 2012. We were in the midst of relocating and were exhausted from the search for a new home, and in need of pampering. Our experience at the Loden renewed us and we only regret not having been able to stay longer. We were in a corner suite on a high floor.The view was spectacular,the furnishings tasteful, the bed firm. What really wowed us was the mood lighting in the bathroom as well as the living room and bedroom.

Adrian, the experience manager, surpassed our every request. We wanted quiet and privacy. We got it. My friend was given proseco and chocolates.

There was a large flat screen t.v. in both rooms, beautiful art work,massive crystals, fine drapes and warm bathrobes.

We enjoyed every minute. We did not want to leave even to use the fitness facility because we felt so good within the suite--a home away from home.

Room Tip: If spending time in ther room during the day ask for a water view. If using the hotel as overnight...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel lived up to its reputation. I would live here if it were possible. One of the best boutique hotels I've stayed in and the best part was that it made me feel like I lived in Vancouver, which is a gorgeous city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Simple. Imagine a hotel that is completely and obviously focused on service. Imagine that same hotel has lovely classy rooms offering quality furnishings, stylish design and quiet restful space. Now if they gave you that for half of what their competition in the same quality range does. That is this hotel. My new Vancouver favourite.

• Stayed November 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We've stayed before and knew what to expect. This visit however exceeded our expectations. The rooms are still in excellent condition. Still spotless. Well appointed. Great amenities. I love Molton Brown toiletries and look forward to staying here for them alone!

And the staff are still outstanding. Always friendly, smiling and welcoming. After checking into my room and leaving the hotel, I realized that my recently diagnosed dog allergies were playing up. A phone call to the Front Desk and Jill quickly sorted out a new room for me on the 11th floor. Both the 6th and 11th floors offer pet free accommodation (didn't know that when I booked). Even received an upgrade with a harbour view :). Thanks!

Close enough to the Vancouver Convention Centre to walk to, yet in a quiet neighbourhood. Great location for me.

Couple of suggestions would make this an even better place to stay for us though. Bring back the irons and ironing boards and dispense with the clothes steamers. And having an in-room coffee maker would be a definite improvement. I just want to wake up, make a coffee, grab a paper, sit back, read and enjoy the view, in my pjs.

Look forward to our next stay!

Adrien L, Manager at Loden Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear BuccaneerDave,

It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our valuable guests and we appreciate the time you took giving us a review on Trip Advisor. We are indeed a pet friendly hotel but still keep in mind that some of us suffer from allergies and we want to make sure that we can please all of our guests. The room you were upgraded to is a Loden Park Vista and features a lovely partial view of Coal Harbor and The North Shore mountains. For your next stay, we would be more than happy to deliver a coffee maker, an iron and ironing board as we have these items available upon request for our guests that rather press than fluff. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Adrien Litargne
Guest Experience Manager

Been to Loden Hotel? Share your experiences!