This was our first visit to Vancouver, and we stayed 2 nights prior to a cruise. We arrived quite late due to a late and delayed flight, so the room codes were helpful. My only complaint was how dark the road was, and how hard of a time we had finding the place. We circled the same few houses at least 3 times trying to read house numbers in the dark. This is really no fault to the B&B, but I wish the sign had been lit or possibly in front of the house. We thought maybe a lit sign was not allowed due to some ordinance, but if at all possible it would be very helpful to newcomers.
Despite our frustrating start, we found the place very lovely. The bedsheets had to be the softest I've ever felt, and the bed was fine. It was cozy, if not a bit warm the first night. Luckily I'm cold natured, but I could see how this could be a problem for people who get hot easily. The ceiling fan was a lifesaver. The second night was much cooler, so I suppose another guest had said something about the temperature. Overall we were very comfortable.
Breakfast was amazing. This, of course, is coming from someone who eats ordinary cereal every morning. I did have some granola, but also a wonderful egg white frittata with goat cheese and peppers, and a banana muffin. This first breakfast was one of my favorite meals of the whole vacation (cruise included). The second breakfast was also good, but we missed the banana muffins this time.
The hosts were friendly, but not overwhelmingly chatty. This was our first B&B experience, so I wasn't sure what to expect. If you are shy by nature as I am, you will not feel pressured to chat too much.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay here again. It wasn't too far from town, and we enjoyed trying out the B&B experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vancouver's only 2011 Canada-Select 5 Star B&B! Built in 1997, this Shaughnessy mansion was renovated in 2007 to provide modern romantic luxury in Vancouver's wealthiest neighbourhood. We provide free on-site parking, WiFi, local & long distance calling. Time sensitive door codes provide hotel security & allow access convenient to you. All suites have king bed, 32" LCD TV with free HD programming and luxurious en-suite bathroom. Enjoy pressed linens, Hutterite down duvets and pillows. Room controlled Air Conditioning, fresh air exchange and heated floors. Deluxe breakfast buffet included, from 5-11am (hot dish served 8:30-10am). Vancouver's largest B&B breakfast area with 6 individual tables. Extremely central, on Granville Street (& 35th Ave), steps to transit, 5 minutes to downtown, 10 minutes to airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Granville House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granville House Hotel Vancouver
- Granville House Bed And Breakfast