Hard to give this a star-rating because some aspects were superb and others slightly odd. Lovely room, spacious, clean, well equipped and comfortable. Good breakfasts. Quite expensive, but so is everything in Vancouver. Why surreal? - we had to let ourselves in on arrival: being jet-lagged human contact would have been welcome! And we never met the hosts during our two-day visit, only serving staff at breakfast time. Access isn't off Granville Street but a service road at the back, which we hadn't been told. Granville St is a main thoroughfare into Vancouver with traffic noise 24x7 (not just during rush hours as another reviewer has implied - or maybe he was luckier than us.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vancouver's only 2011 Canada-Select 5 Star B&B! Built in 1997, this Shaughnessy mansion was renovated in 2007 to provide modern romantic luxury in Vancouver's wealthiest neighbourhood. We provide free on-site parking, WiFi, local & long distance calling. Time sensitive door codes provide hotel security & allow access convenient to you. All suites have king bed, 32" LCD TV with free HD programming and luxurious en-suite bathroom. Enjoy pressed linens, Hutterite down duvets and pillows. Room controlled Air Conditioning, fresh air exchange and heated floors. Deluxe breakfast buffet included, from 5-11am (hot dish served 8:30-10am). Vancouver's largest B&B breakfast area with 6 individual tables. Extremely central, on Granville Street (& 35th Ave), steps to transit, 5 minutes to downtown, 10 minutes to airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Granville House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granville House Bed And Breakfast
- Granville House Hotel Vancouver