Granville House was my first experience of a B&B as I have always preferred the more impersonal atmosphere of a hotel. I was pleasantly surprised! I liked the freedom to come and go that the key-code access offered us, loved the large comfortable bed with the luxury linen and choice of pillows. The bathroom was beautiful with plenty of room for personal toiletries and a window that opened! Although I really appreciated the air conditioning and ceiling fan, I was so happy to be able to open a window. It was great to find a fridge in the room (complete with bottled water which is another of my personal musts) and the large closet with a safe was very useful.
The house was beautifully clean and tastefully decorated and we were happy to observe the 'shoes off' policy - we don't wear shoes in our own home so would not expect to keep them on in someone elses!
We were visiting our daughter who lives within walking distance of Granville House B&B so the location was absolutely perfect but it would have been equally convenient for sightseeing in the city.
Our hosts were on holiday themselves for most of our eight night stay although we did meet Randy at breakfast on our last morning. However, the knowledegable Shandy and delightful Leica (apologies for the possible mis-spelling) took good care of us in their absence.
We have stayed at Granville's sister property, Hycroft, on a previous visit when we needed the flexibility that a self-catering suite offered and we would certainly stay at either property again.
Thank you for a very enjoyable and comfortable stay although, having read the rave reviews, we are very disappointed not to have experienced the 'dutch babies' at breakfast - maybe next time!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vancouver's only 2011 Canada-Select 5 Star B&B! Built in 1997, this Shaughnessy mansion was renovated in 2007 to provide modern romantic luxury in Vancouver's wealthiest neighbourhood. We provide free on-site parking, WiFi, local & long distance calling. Time sensitive door codes provide hotel security & allow access convenient to you. All suites have king bed, 32" LCD TV with free HD programming and luxurious en-suite bathroom. Enjoy pressed linens, Hutterite down duvets and pillows. Room controlled Air Conditioning, fresh air exchange and heated floors. Deluxe breakfast buffet included, from 5-11am (hot dish served 8:30-10am). Vancouver's largest B&B breakfast area with 6 individual tables. Extremely central, on Granville Street (& 35th Ave), steps to transit, 5 minutes to downtown, 10 minutes to airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Granville House B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granville House Hotel Vancouver
- Granville House Bed And Breakfast