“time of our lives” 5 of 5 stars

East Kilbride, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
“time of our lives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

this was the place to go back in the day and still offers fun for all of the family good junk food and fun rides for all ages love playland and the pne

Visited May 2014

Calgary, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“Fun Amusement Park!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went here for a trip since we were in Vancouver anyway, spent the day here.
Sooo much to do! Several rides and attractions to keep you busy. The lineups are ridiculous however, you should try and get there early or you will be waiting in a lineup half the day.
My favorite rides were The Hellevator, pretty much a backwards drop-of-doom, it shoots you up 250 feet into the air, then you gently fall back down, and the 325 foot tall monstrosity (i forget the name) of a ride. Not crazily fast but the fact it raises you up so high and you can see all over the city is breathtaking. Don't go on it if you're afraid of heights!!

We played and rode lots of other rides and I must say I wasn't very impressed with the roller coasters, they were pretty average-ish compared to other places I've been to, they don't go up very high and don't really do anything out of the ordinary, I would have definitely expected more after waiting 1.5 hours in the line up.

The worst part of our day there was when I took my 7 year old brother into the haunted house. They warn that you should be 13+ and most of the time that's no problem for me or my brother but this haunted house really was scary, and we were both shaking in our shoes wondering when we would get out of there. Never take your kids there unless they aren't scared of anything.
Thank God we got something good out of there though, the very end was very interesting. You walked across a bridge and all around you there was a round room with a projection of a portal or vortex or something. It was very odd because it actually makes you feel like you are spinning and twirling through the vortex, like you are going through a triple loop on a roller coaster, when really you are just walking straight down a metal bridge. Very cool! I did feel sort of nautious afterwards however, and I rarely do when it comes to rides and attractions at amusement parks.

It was a fun day, but some things I wouldn't do again.

Visited July 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fright Night in the rain...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This year is the first year that I've been in Canada for Halloween, and I've loved it. Saturday night was rainy, although not torrentially so, which is probably why there weren't the huge queues other reviewers seem to be complaining about. I found the Haunted Houses hilariously creepy and imaginatively thought out, although I could maybe have done with a bit more genuine creepiness and fewer loud bangs. The "phobia" house was probably the best in this respect. The costumed employees are also pretty funny, managing to be quite scary without actually being threatening, and mugging gamely for cameras. Having said this, we avoided the clown area as if it were the plague area - there are limits to my bravery. The rides were also pretty good, although I didn't think much to the concept of paying extra to go on the Revolution, and so I didn't pay extra to go on it. The Hellevator was a reasonable replacement. I'd do this again: rollercoasters and vampires - what's not to like?

Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Too busy - long line ups”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Hi Just to let you know that the most frightening part of the night was the line ups!

We got there at 7 pm on a Saturday and waited till 815pm just to get into the gate as we already had our ticket. We found out closer to the entrance that there was 2 other entrances that had little line ups rather than waiting all the way down Hastings st.

We went in 2 hunted houses and 2 rides ( the beach party and the pirate ship)and then it was 12 midnight as we were cold and did not have the patience to wait any more.

What really got me upset was the pass that got people ahead of the line. Slowing the majority of the people from getting on the attractions and pissing everyone off.

Paying over $100 in tickets it was not worth it in my mind or the people around me.

Visited October 2013
Lanzarote, Spain
“Fright night sucks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Overpriced, long lines, and they shut the rides and haunted houses down 30-40min early before closing time. Haunted houses were lame this year and they had no characters walking around. Will never go back. Waste of money.

Visited October 2013