“Excellent location!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WorldMark The Canadian

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
WorldMark The Canadian
You added WorldMark The Canadian to your Saves list
1080 Hornby Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2Y7, Canada (Downtown)   |
GreenLeadersBronze level
Squamish
“Excellent location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Canadian is a great place to stay in Vancouver........close to Robson Street, Granville Street, Theatres, Stanley Park and so much more! Even though the rooms may be smaller than usual, they work just fine, even with four of us there. Very clean and the kitchen is well equipped. Beds are comfy and two bathrooms..........who could ask for more? I will definately be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Powell River, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I just spent another week at the Worldmark. I was recognized when I came through the door even though it's been a year since I was there last. I love it there but I hope they get wireless soon, apparently it is coming by next year sometime. Location is very good, close to everything.

• Stayed November 2012
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at the Worldmark in Vancouver in mid-August for 4 days and couldn't have been happier with our stay. We had a two-bedroom unit on the 24th floor and the views were stunning! The unit itself was a little smaller than we're accustom to (we are Marriott timeshare owners), but it was more than adequate for just my wife and I (I think it would have been tight if one or both of our kids had been with us). Our unit did not have a dining area (which we knew in advance), but since we ate out except for breakfast it was not a problem. It was very warm (upper 80's) while we were there, and the units are not air-conditioned. So, it was warm but there were two fans in the unit that made it tolerable. However, having the windows open in the downtown location (which was great in every other respect) was rather noisy at night. The kitchen was well equipped and the bathrooms were spacious. We really liked the location. It was an easy walk to catch the water taxi to Granville Island (a great spot!) and it was also easy to catch buses to Stanley Park and Gastown. We loved Vancouver and if we return again we would definitely return to the Worldmark.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

As long as you read the Worldmark property description that these properties are a little cosier than the regular ones, you will be happy. The staff was friendly, fun and helpful. The view out of our unit was stunning with floor to ceiling windows. The fitness center shared with the Sheraton was a complete (albeit) small gym (much more than is usually at the Worldmark mini gyms) and the pool was HEAVENLY. Many of the worldmark pools I've been to are underheated, but this was delicious, making playing with the kids in the pool a real treat (for me as well as them). There is so much to do in the area between food, attractions, (even a movie theater within walking distance!) etc we could have stayed much longer. The photos on the Worldmark website are exactly what our room looked like, right down to the fabric colors!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Worldmark owns floors19 through 24 in this 32-story building. That's high enough to assure some view in whichever direction your apartment is oriented. The units are well appointed with complete cooking facilities. Internet is provided through a plug-in modem rather than wifi. Because the building is shared they have a set of keys separate from your room key to provide access to the lobby from the street and to enter and leave the parking area. Parking is free for one vehicle -- a rarity in this city. They are somewhat smaller than many other in the system, typical of center city conditions. There is no air conditioning, so if you can't stand the heat you should avoid the summer here. The staff is typically polite and helpful. The location is well centered and you can walk to many of the city's attractions. It is also near both of the Vancouver Trolley Line routes. Worldmark offers discounts to various businesses including the trolley. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at the BC Canadian on the first week of May. I was very pleased with the unit. We checked in to a one bedroom unit. More than two people in this unit would find it to be quite small; however I must say for the two of us this unit was perfect. There is no air-conditioning in the unit but we didn't need it since it never got hot or uncomfortable inside the one-bedroom unit, if it became sightly hot we just had to open the windows to make it nice and comfortable. The view was awesome. We were on the 22nd floor and there were only but windows running from one side of the unit to the other side where the dinning room was located, which it gave us a picture view of the city. In regards to the unit itself it came with a washer and dryer, detergent was provided free of charge. The kitchen was equipped with full size refrigerator, microwave, coffee-maker, dishwasher, stove, cooking utensils, etc. It is nice to have the kitchen if you are like us who do not want to get up in the morning and go to a restaurant for breakfast. There was a flat screen tv in the living room with vcr-dvd combo player. The bedroom had a queen size bed, two night stands, telephone, alarm clock and a smaller flat screen tv that the one in the living room. As far as using the phone, all locals calls are free of charge. It also good to point out when making calls to the U.S. if the numbers are toll-free they are free of charge. I had to call the credit cards a couple of times and my wireless phone company and these calls were free of charge. I also carry my MajicJack and with internet access all of my calls to the U.S. were free of charge. The first night we stayed here we went to the Market Place and notice prices were outrageously highly compare to the same items we buy back in the U.S. A loaf of bread for 5 to 6 dollars, milk 6 dollars and 2 liter Pepsi for 2.50. We decided to go across the border to the U.S. the next day right before 11:00 am to city call Bellingham and found a Walmart and stock up on supplies for the entire week. It is about an hour away from the BC Canadian. We rented a compact car from enterprise for a week for 120 dollars and we moved everywhere on the car. Transportation is available in various forms: skytrain, metro, bus, taxi, etc. however after analyzing the cost of local transportation vs renting a car we went ahead and rented a car. We we glad we did. Just the freedom of deciding when and how many times we go out was a blessing, plus the BC Canadian provided their guest with a carport or parking space so you do not have to worry were to park your car. Based on others reviews we were skeptical about renting a car. Comments such as having to pay parkings fees everywhere you go and drivers being too agressive. I did notice lots of meters to pay fees, however it is was it is this place is Vancouver just bring spare change for the meters. In regards to the driving, I did not witness any agressive driving. It is helpful to bring your own GPS because it could get a little bit confusing if you are depending on maps. The car rental company will try to rent their own GPS for 11 dollars a day. You are better off with bringing your own. I used my I-Phone which had it own Tomtom and it was free to used in Canada (I checked with ATT before using it on my phone. I made sure that internet, wi-fi, cellular data, roaming, airport and 3g were turned off before navagating). As far as free wi-fi provided to guest while in the units it is not free, however it is not expensive. There is a charge of 4.95 per day or 15.95 for 10 days. Since I was staying for 9 days we decided to go with the 10 days for 15.95 which divided by 9 day of usage came about to a 1.77 a day. This was not bad deal considering that the internet service was 24 hours not even a cyber-cafe can give you this type of deal. Guest staying at the BC Canadian have the privelige of using the Gym facilities of the Sheraton World Center free of charge. This hotel across the street from the BC Canadian. The only drawback is the fact that if it is raining or cold you need to take an extra layer of clothing or umbrella depending on the whether. The staff at the front desk were very courteous aWe only nd professional. I will not hesitate to stay here again, indeed I am planning to come back in September.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have an execellent view of the city.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Great location with fab. views. Clean, friendly staff, no wireless(as of Feb 2012) but high speed cable to connect to your laptop(for a small fee). Easy to walk or use public transit to get anywhere. Many,many, many good to great restaurants & pubs within walking distance. Fitness center across the street at the Sheraton Wall Center is available. This place is great base to explore Vancouver.

Room Tip: Ask fr a corner room facing West,
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple