“Great location!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Grande Residence at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver

You added La Grande Residence at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
La Grande Residence at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   845 Burrard Street | at the Sutton Place Hotel, Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2K6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #37 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Calgary, Canada
“Great location!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

I stayed at the Sutton in June 2010. I found the best rate was on the hotel website, with many different promotions going on all the time, almost too many choices. The triple AAA rate seemed to be the best each time I checked but as the date came closer, the promotional rate turned out to be the best. I was looking for the one bedroom suite so I ended up booking in the grand residence tower. Wow, it was huge! It was a full one bedroom apartment with balcony, huge bedroom with king size bed (which was so comfortable!!!) galley kitchen with 4 full size appliances as well as blender, toaster, kettle and all the utensils/dishes/etc you need for entertaining! I was really impressed! There was a pullout couch in the living room as well as a huge flatscreen t.v with dvd and surround sound speakers! The patio had a bistro table and chairs which I used alot! I had a great view too from the 18th floor! There is an IGA market directly across the street for all of your grocery needs. There's a wine store attached to the hotel! I never ate in the restaurants but the room service was excellent everytime and served in style! Check in and check out was very quick and smooth. There was really only a couple of things that I was disappointed in: 1) when I booked on line, I was under the impression that my wireless internet ($15.00/day) would be included if I became a prestige member and booked on-line, it would also come with a $25.00 dining credit daily.(all of the promo rates come with this credit) I actually printed out the confirmation stating that it would be included. When I checked in they told me that with the promo rate that I received, wireless was not included but the $25.00 credit was. I tried to explain that it had nothing to do with the promo rate, that I received it for signing up as a member, but they would not budge. 2) Parking as everyone knows in Vancouver is very expensive, but when you are staying in a 5 star hotel, I expect the parking to be included! Sure if you want valet, that's different, but I thought $35.00/day was a little ridiculous. I would even consider $15.00 per day. They should just skip the dining credit and include parking and internet! There was also one day from about 4-7pm that there was no hot water. When I called, they blamed it on the city and told me I could go over to the "hotel" side and shower, well that's like walking across the street to another hotel, not very convenient at all. After a long discussion, and me cancelling my dinner reservations, I was able to get them to credit some of my charges for the inconvenience which was acceptable. Over all, I would give this hotel 5 out of 5 rating and I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Loved it! PS, I forgot to mention that they have an indoor pool and hot tub and an outdoor patio (very private with fence and trees) with super comfy deck chairs, so perfect for catching some rays and relaxing!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

This is a top end hotel that offers tremendous value for the money. In La Grande Residence you get a full size suite with a separate bedroom, full cooking facilities, and dishwasher for your convenience. The rooms are scrupulously clean and the staff are beyond reproach. The room rates are frequently better than what a person would pay for a standard hotel room. The location is tremendous within easy walking distance of the waterfront, Granville Island, and Robson Street. Compare prices and you will be pleasantly surprised. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

I booked through expedia with promotion of 50% off food and parking. Great deal with great location and plenty space. Excellent customer service. Only downside is no wifi and you have to pay for internet.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

A very fine spot. Not exceptional, but very nice. 4 stars.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Booked a 1-bedroom suite at the Sutton Place on the a Sunday night in May. We parked the car ($35) with the valet, as expected from these reviews. We were struck by the friendliness of the staff... in particular it was mothers day and every staff member seemed to be wishing my wife a happy one.

We were upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite which was outstanding. There was a king-sized bed in the main bedroom with an ensuite bathroom. The other bedroom had a queen bed and there was also a pull out sofa bed in the living room which we didn't use. Full kitchette including toaster, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, etc.

Location was outstanding... Japadog right out front, IGA right next store so we didn't have to pay crazy hotel restaurant prices. Starbucks is just across the street and of course the shopping & restaurants on Robson are well documented.

My son and I made use of the hotel pool and locker room. Nice cushy beach chairs on the pool deck and good light. Only problem was having to descend a staircase from the locker room down to the pool itself.

Overall an excellent experience. Not sure if the condition of the room is quite a 5 star but our experience was 5 stars. Only small complaints were (a) the room did not have a locking bolt outside th reach of my 3 year old child and (b) the room temperature seemed a little warm and outside of our control.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Bukwaas, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

Went on business in Sep 2009 ($200 per night via Hotwire) with my wife & toddler:

Hospitality – Professionally and efficiently done via the adjoining Sutton Place. Really plush lobby. Free newspaper. Expensive self parking ($30/day), but with in/out privileges.

Food – Easier to eat at a nearby Vancouver restaurant than at the hotel.

Accomodation – A bit tight on space, but more than enough in our 1 bedroom suite. Fantastic large sized TV with amazing sound system. Great kitchen cutlery, dishwashing supplies, cooking utensils and small appliances. Fantastic location, couldn’t be better in downtown Vancouver, really. We ran outside for workouts, walked short distances for nearby shopping (you get a 20% discount at Roots for staying at the hotel!), and drove for major attractions.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

The apartments in this hotel are brilliant and have all the facilities needed for an extended stay or a fleeting visit.

The Hotel has good fitness facilities and a swimming pool which is never busy! The drawback is having to walk down a flight of stairs once you have gotten changed for swimming - wear flip-flops!

My partner and I dinned in the restaurant for breakfast, which was very reasonably priced - Don't think that the portions will be small like most hotels! We ordered double the first morning, expecting small quantities of food, but were pleasantly surprised!

The staff were brilliant and courteous at all times. I would recommend this hotel for all types of travellers from single/couples to families. It is located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver with a grocery store next door which was amazing.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Grande Residence at the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!