“For Cantonese Cuisine - As Good As It Gets” 5 of 5 stars

(604) 736-6868
Improve this listing
Ranked #419 of 2,802 Restaurants in Vancouver
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“For Cantonese Cuisine - As Good As It Gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This is the best Cantonese meal I had in the past 3 years. As far as how Hong Kong it is, it really is as good as it get. My high school buddy is a regular there. Knowing how deprive of good Cantonese food I am in downtown Washington DC, she took me there. The menu was chosen by the manager there on the spot. The starter is something that is not on the menu. It is Yun Nan Ham and Fried Bean Curd Sheet wrapped in White Pastry Wrap. Think Bauhaus in New York, similar to the bay there. It was light and delicious, perfect with a cold beer. The next course was Fried Prawns with Ginger and Scallion (with Shell). The prawn was deep fried to perfection, even the shell is crunchy and crispy. Then we have a fish cooked two way. First is half a fish to make a Shanghainese style Fish with White Turnip Soup, yum yum yum, then the other half of the fish was made into a hot pot served in stone ware. As for the dessert, OMG, I had four different types of dessert, I had the Peanut Pastry, the Red Bean Paste Pastry, the Water Chestnut Pudding (light as cotton) and finally the White Fungus Sweet Soup. I can nearly walk when I left the place. The service was superb. The manager Jason was a star. I wish I live in Vancouver, then I will be there every week.

• Visited June 2014