“Good Pisco Sours!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Pisco Sours!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

A week before, we made reservations for 3. We arrived and there was no table for us; instead the waitress sat us at a small table while the other tables freed up - about 30 minutes. The place was packed, music and conversations were loud. We ordered our Pisco Sours and fried yuca to start.
Piscos were very good but the accompanying yuca came after we almost finished them. Waitress was really busy and reacted rudely to our complaint. Food was very good, as usual. We ordered stuffed potatoes, ceviche and a shrimp dish. For dessert we had their special doughnuts - 5 large per order, luckily we shared!

Would go back but not if I wanted to talk to my friends. Conversation was very difficult.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Perth, Australia
“A diamond find ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Just happened to be walking past this place during the day, it looked cute so made reservations for that night.

The menu has lots of veggie options and as it's tapas style we ordered 5 dishes between two (which was plenty). All the food was amazing - particularly the whipped potato and the presentation was to a very high standard.

I would 100% come back here, a truly special dining experience, and think it was excellent value (5 dishes, two cocktails and a glass of wine for $40 pp including tip).

My only criticism would be that the chilli fries are HEAVILY salted.

Please go, you won't be disappointed!!

Launceston, Australia
“Buzzing atmosphere & great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Who would believe that a dish featuring cold mashed potato could be so delicious? I found it to be so during a recent visit to Chicha and my husband described his ceviche mixto as "absolutely wonderful". We shared a fabulous dessert of custard, fruit and meringue and really enjoyed the buzzing atmosphere and friendly service

Visited June 2014
Burnaby, Canada
“Really different and Interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

A Peruvian Restaurant? Well, we wlaked right on in! First impression was the small but well layed out space, a long bar with stools and tables.
Then we noticed the drink menu: a very eclectic and surprisingly original assortment of cocktails were to be found.
The food was creative and tasty.
I think that Chicha makes an excellent different night out, in a very casual and relaxed palce.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Provo, Utah
“If you like tapas and trendy it's ok but not for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Summary:
Small orders of mashed potatos and pea shoots $25 pp without drinks.
Location:

It's a older building without a/c in the CoHo area of Broadway. I would say %40 bar %60 trendy tapas place without the trendy fern bar. Loudness was a 8 out of 10. When we arrived they were hosting a foodie tour in the back so my order took about a hour and I had to sit at the bar.
Service:

Admittedly I may be too old and not hipster enough to get Much service in a place like this, so that's how I felt.
Food:

Our first order was of chicken skewers which seamed safe. Four cubes of chicken, ok on flavor but a bit dry, three kinds of sauce and the requisite pea shoots.

After a wait our fried mashed potato dumplings came out. Three fist sized potato lumps with a spiced hamburger inside and pea shoots. They were ok, not much flavor without the sauce.

I would have liked to try the fried plantain chips but didn't want to wait.

Over all I liked the drinks with half a salad in them better than the food. The food wasn't bad but seamed overpriced and presumptions and not that great of service.

Visited June 2014