“Relaxed atmosphere - great food!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,106 of 2,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Hamburg, Germany
“Relaxed atmosphere - great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

After a long day of sightseeing and shopping we were lucky to stumble across the Stackhouse in Vancouver. We didn´t want to dress up and justed wanted some nice food in a relaxed atmosphere - and this is exactly what we got.

The restaurant seemed to be opened recently as everything was still quite new and stylish which is a clear difference to a few of the more worn down places in Granville Street.
It is a relatively small place with a short but well assorted menu which assembled a few hipsters and some tourists (incl. us).

We were attended to and watered quickly and had the issue to pick one of the many burgers on offer, incl. Kobe-, Venison-, Lamb-, Chicken-, Tuna-, Veggie- and Crab Dungeness Burger.
My better half ordered a Stackhouse burger, onion rings and beer. I settled for 3 Sliders which are mini versions of the burgers.
You can watch them preparing the food for you in the kitchen while you are waiting. And even though everything is freshly made we did not have to wait long for our dishes.
The food was great quality and very tasty and we had no chance of finishing it as it was plenty - and this is coming from a starving tourist after a long day of walking through town!

Overall I can only recommend to pay this place a visit! I really liked it!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Darwin, Australia
“Great Flavours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The burgers my wife & I had at the Stackhouse had to be the best I've ever had. I had to admit, the size of the burgers we're a little smaller than I expected - but certainly still a "reasonable size", you won't go hungry with just one. But the texture, the flavours... faultless!
It's a burger restaurant that is worth going out of your way to visit.
The service is very friendly too - refreshingly friendly.

• Visited October 2012