“Good food to a higher than average price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar

The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
688 Dunsmuir Street | Downtown Vancouver, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1N3, Canada
604-685-7502
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 2,807 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Featuring our mouth-watering steak, tender prime rib and an extensive wine list. We are sure to satisfy your Keg cravings. Choose from our extensive wine list, craft beer, ice-cold draft or our hand-made cocktails; like our Keg Mojito or Keg Caesar. See you tonight!
Vancouver, Canada
“Good food to a higher than average price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This evening some of my friends and I had the dinner at “The Keg” in downtown Vancouver. It was a newly opened branch near Granville and Dunsmiur Street. First I went to the wrong “Keg” at Thurlow Street. They were obviously a bit overwhelmed with the number of guests. When I entered I asked for my friends and described them. One of the personal, who also confirmed my description of the friends, confirmed very friendly that they have booked a table. She guided me to a table where 3 older ladies were sitting. But my friends were male and much younger (at least at the last time I saw them…). Then I got a call that it was the wrong “Keg”. The other “Keg” was new and that’s why I didn’t know that place. The staff was very friendly there too. And the dishes looked pretty delicious too. But as I experience also at “The Keg” in New Westminster, it seems that steakhouse has sometimes trouble to make steaks right. This time I order a medium steak (Top Sirloin & Tiger Shrimp), but I got a medium-rare steak. Of course, they apologized. But for some reason it took them quite a while until I got the steak back. Nevertheless, the food including the dessert (Billy Miner Pie) was delicious.
For a higher level dinner, I can recommend that location, although, the chefs should get more training in getting things in the right way.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Indialantic, Florida
“Good Steakhouse just off Robson Street”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Nice bar and waiting area with beautiful fireplace. The steaks and wedge salad were excellent. The stuffed baked potato was one of the best I've ever had. Seemed to have a shorter wait time than several other restaurants we went to on Robson Street
Also, service was excellent..

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Just had the most amazing meal at The Keg. The prime rib was spot on and tender and the salads were unlike anything I've had.....in a good way. Our server was attentive and friendly without being overbearing. Would recommend.

Visited May 2013
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
“Attention To Customers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We ordered the surf and turf and the manager came to our table and explained there was a problem with the lobster and the chef wanted to redo the meal. They sent another drink to the table while we waited, and the end result was delicious.

Visited June 2012
perth
“Dirty Dishes but Tasty Food and Lovely Ambience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The quality of the meat is very good, and the portions is generous.

The dishes are disgusting, greasy and water marks all over them. I sent my dish back to the kitchen to replace the plate, and after an apology, the waitress placed an equally disgusting plate of salad down. I lost my appetite. The portion of salad was also bismal.

I also sent my water glass back to the kitchen, it had someone else's pink lipstick mark on it. Gross.

• Visited March 2013