“Awesome waffles” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waffle and Berries

Waffle and Berries
1467 West Pender St., Vancouver, British Columbia V6G 2S3, Canada (Downtown)
+(1) 604-710-5279
Neighborhood: Downtown
San Antonio, Texas
“Awesome waffles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Excellent waffles. A bit pricey for breakfast but excellent quality and very good coffee! Fruit with waffles were very fresh.

Visited July 2013
9 Thank grocery1

Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing Belgian Waffles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Ordered the waffle with mixed berries, milk chocolate sauce and whipped cream, with a caramel macchiato to drink. The waffle was so delicious, just the right amount of sweetness, a little crunch on the outside and soft on the inside. The drink was yummy as well! We went around 9:30am and were seated right away. Lovely place in Coal Harbour!

Visited May 2013
11 Thank Maricel L
Toronto, Canada
“Belgian waffles? Waffle and Berries!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Waffles have been ruined for me forever. I wll never again be able to stomach Bruxie's, IHOP's, Coco's, Denny's, or even (it pains me to say) No Ka Oi's waffles. My last remaining excuse for keeping the box of Bisquick went into the garbage. I feel like I have been LIED TO by all those Food Network chefs -- yes, I'm looking at you, Rachel. Where's your "yummo" NOW?

My first emotion upon tasting a Liege waffle was delight -- probably akin to the delight I felt upon first experiencing ice cream, but that was so long ago I honestly can't remember. But just imagine your first taste of chocolate, or bacon -- yeah, it was like that: incomparable. I faked nonchalance so my sweetie wouldn't know that I had just flipped that switch in my head signalling the change from Normal to Junkie. He didn't need to see *that* beast come out on our date.

It wasn't long after I finished splitting the Liege waffle that my emotions turned to outrage. If this kind of thick, chewy, carmelized treat was possible, why didn't ALL of the so-called waffle restaurants make it? Is the recipe for a genuine Liege-style waffle really that difficult? It can't be. At least the waffle irons appeared to be normal waffle irons, but the Liege batter is thick and cookie-dough-like -- scooped onto the bottom iron like ice cream and pressed down with the top iron. Maybe the chefs at IHOP could use a good whey protein powder to beef up their sissy arms, I mean JEEZ what could possibly be their excuse for holding out on us?

A good Liege waffle needs no syrup, sauce, sugar, or anything else to be spectacular -- but I have to admit, the Fosselman's toffee ice cream set off the warm waffle quite nicely. Those fully loaded versions will tend to set you back about 10 bucks each, but you get what you're paying for.

• Visited June 2013
14 Thank sam j
Vancouver, Canada
“Best Liege waffle in Vancouver, Hands down!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been playing hide and seek for awhile with Wafels & Berries and have finally came across their shop by accident one day. It was like love at first sight, it was meant to be. There was no line, no hassle. I was so excited to find this shop because it has been on my list for awhile and I figured I would never have the time to hunt this place down.
We got the "Liege wafel" which is more soft and chewy. They come with different "toppings" which are basically toppings, Of course we had to go with their infamous Spekuloo topping on top with a hint of powdered sugar.

Like true fatties, we were ready to grub and not let the cold get in the way of our food experience. It was sweet, light, crispy, and heavenly. The spekuloo is essentially gingerbread cookie in the spread texture of nutella or peanut butter. It's like Christmas in a waffle with a hint of airy sinfulness. It had the perfect consistency of crunchiness on the outside, and moist on the inside. That's what she......mentioned? Ha. Just go find this place, do it.

• Visited April 2013
13 Thank sarah h
“Best liege waffle in Vancouver :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My friends were telling me about waffle and Berries for a long time, finally last weekend I've decided to try them. My oh my there are a little treasure in the heart of coal harbor, I went with 3 of my friend, we ordered 3 waffles, one with dark chocolate strawberries and whip cream, one with nutella banana and whip cream and speculoos with blackberries, all I can say is that it was amazing!

• Visited April 2013