“Best vegan/gluten free restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #580 of 2,846 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Vegan, Vegetarian
Description: Catering, Caterer, Gluten-free, Organic, Nut-free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Take-out
Vancouver, Canada
“Best vegan/gluten free restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Love, love, love this place! Delicious food, friendly staff! I've been here plenty of times, and this place never disappoints.

• Visited February 2014

Portland, Oregon
“The Perfect Comfort Food for My Inner Child !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Ok... That was a great vegan meal! Over the years I have eaten in many different vegie restaurants, with many different types of vegetarian or vegan cuisine. What makes this different is that it was vegie comfort food that makes my inner child smile! :)
With a nice varied menu, including all day breakfast selections, this restaurant offers excellent options for adults and children, vegan and vegetarian, and even some GF options. Friendly service in a peaceful atmosphere topped off this meal as a really great experience. We had the Cheese Please Quesadilla from the children's menu (this was heaven for a cheese lover), Apple Cinnamon Pancakes and a ChocoMinty Smoothy. Perfect portions done to perfection... and at a very reasonable price.
I would definitely bring my vegie family and friends to this restaurant... and even if you aren't vegan or vegetarian, I would encourage you to try this fun and friendly restaurant. It is a bit hidden away... but it is Well worth going out of your way to try it!

• Visited December 2013
“Great food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice to find a good vegan restaurant. To few of them around. Food was good and menu was different. I will be going back again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Perfect healthy alternative”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place is perfect for anyone who is looking for a healthy, affordable alternative when eating out. All the food is local, organic, gluten free, and of course vegan.

Been here twice and absolutely love the super refreshing and flavourful Winter Orchard Salad and the poutine. You can order both for about the same price as a full meal by ordering each as a starter. The poutine fries are not deep fried so they aren't crispy (fries are very soft, but I would not say they are soggy) covered in gravy and dairy/lactose free cheddar cheese, which I promise does not disappoint. It tastes very close to the real thing.

Wear light clothing if visiting in the summer as there is no air conditioning in the restaurant and seat yourself, servers have always been super hospitable and will answer any questions you have about their menu. Wasn't really fan of their "cheese" cake or the "full-aphel" as they were a bit bland, but their chocolate chips cookies are AMAZING. Always soft and moist and have the perfect amount of chocolate chips. Only down side of the place is they close at 7pm.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Healthy and absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had read about Chomp while researching gluten-free restaurants in Metro Vancouver and was encouraged by good reviews. Today I happened to be in the area and decided to check it out. I was warned it might be about 20 minutes to have the food prepared - there were several orders before mine (they have take out as well as eat in). Unfortunately for them, there were only two people working there at the time, one cooking in the back, the other playing hostess, server, and cashier. It was a lovely day, I had some shopping to do so I pre-ordered and returned later. It was no big deal for me.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and clean - I like that. The curried potato wrap was to die for. Creamy, tasty with a decent hit of heat, I did not want to finish the dish too quickly. It came with a nice little side salad. I have to admit that although it seemed like a small portion (definitely NOT American-sized :)), it totally hit the spot. I also ordered one of their fresh blended juices and found it delicious and refreshing.

I'm so pleased I found this restaurant. Being on a now gluten-free diet and having to watch my sodium, it's not easy finding a good restaurant that cares about what it serves. I'm definitely going back and will be sharing this discovery with friends and family.

This is the kind of place I like to support and I hope they can stick around for many years to come!

• Visited July 2013