“Vietnamese cuisine managed by assumingly chinese - terrible” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,010 of 3,020 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Vancouver, Canada
“Vietnamese cuisine managed by assumingly chinese - terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went there with a friend, curious about that relative new restaurant. First of all, they didn't have a real menue. Instead they gave us some flyers with advertisement from September 2012. Then almost no plain vergetarian food was offered. They promised to give fried veggies instead of chicken. But the veggies were not fried but steamed. I ordered some dish with shredded pork (a typical vietnames dish) and spring rolls. But instead of the shredded pork I got smal cut of ham (As the waiter also admitted). When I complained about that, the waiter seemed to be surprised that this was not a typical vietnamese shredded pork. And also the spring rolls were very greasy.
This meal I couldn't enjoy despite I love vietnamese dishes. I saw also just chinese, caucasian and philippino customers there at that time. No Vietnamese.

Visited February 2013