“One of my Fav Coffee Spots” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Donuts
Dining options: Coffee & Tea, Breakfast
Dining options: Coffee & Tea, Breakfast
Montreal, Canada
“One of my Fav Coffee Spots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I can't believe I never reviewed 49th Parallel when I was in Van last summer. Oops!

Location: So, last summer they were in a different location (unless they've got two in Kits). I much prefer the current location because they have a great terrace where you can sit back and people-watch while enjoying your coffee. The large windows open up as well so even if you're inside, you still feel that warm Vancouver breeze.

Service: Great. The guy who took my order was super friendly and knowledgeable. I was considering trying their old-school espresso beans for my French press because I was looking for something a litlte stronger than their other beans. After talking to this guy, we both concluded these beans would rock.

Coffee: They make a mean Iced Mocha - the closest I've come to this in Montreal is at Cafe Myriade. If you're looking for something refresing, tyr this - it's amazing and not too sweet. I also love their lattes. They're just perfect.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

NS
“Coffee and doughnuts to dream about”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

While visiting Vancouver I was on the hunt for great coffee and through a blogger found 49th parallel. Visited both locations in the course of my stay. Both locations were great and the coffee and doughnuts ( lucky's in store) were fantastic. I bought some to take home and sadly finished my last doughnut last night. Heartily recommend the cruller, cinnamon, croissants and the maple bacon fritter. I did buy a bag of Sulawesi coffee beans ( loved my americano in store) and will open that once my current beans are done. While service was good overall I did find the staff far more friendly and helpful at the Main Street location.

Looking forward to my next trip and my coffee and doughnuts.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Heavenly salted caramel donuts from Lucky donuts with a yummy cappuccino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

You must stop at 49th Parallel for a luscious cup of coffee and treat yourself to a decadent dessert. It is a lovely restaurant with friendly staff. You will be charged up to do some fun shopping on West 4th Avenue in Vancouver. This great place is situated next door to Purdy's chocolates.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Doughnuts to die for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We had heard about the doughnuts from this café and bought several to enjoy with coffee. They were expensive but delicious and were available in several different tastes. We had double chocolate, old fashioned, pistachio and orange and salted caramel and savoured them

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic freshly roasted coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Go to West 4th street. One of my favorite streets in Vancouver. You must go to 49th Parallel for a freshly roasted coffee and grab a salted caramel or other donuts from the selection of Lucky donuts. Go on and treat yourself.

Visited December 2013