“Yaletown heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

604-642-0557
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Pentola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #344 of 2,804 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hamilton
Transit: We are located across the street from Yaletown Roundhouse skytrain station.
Description: Adam Pegg and Lucais Syme of Vancouver’s award-winning La Quercia restaurant deliver artfully crafted, Northern Italian cuisine at Yaletown’s La Pentola Della Quercia inside OPUS Hotel Vancouver. The Chef-duo’s intense passion for turning the best local ingredients into simple, deliciously executed Northern Italian fare can be shared in a family style or a la carte manner daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night. Artfully crafted handmade pastas and custom “nose to tail” meat and fish are the focus at La Pentola, each carefully prepared in its natural state. The chefs’ philosophy of importing Italian necessities such as olive oil and prosciutto contribute a rich simplicity to each dish.
New York
“Yaletown heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Go solo or family-style - preferably the latter! Great local vibe. Seriously delicious stuff. Sunday nights are the ultimate Italian communal feast...

76% Recommend
Seattle, Washington
“stunning experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

the atmosphere and the food are top drawer. a tad pricy but for a hands down guaranteed great meal, this is the place.

Visited June 2013
OPUSHotel, General Manager at La Pentola, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear GMatthehotel, thank you very much for choosing to dine in La Pentola, and for taking the time to send along your comments. We love to see headlines like yours describing the experience as "stunning" and how you felt both the food & atmosphere were first rate! We appreciate your feedback regarding our pricing. We do pride ourselves on being an accessible neighborhood restaurant, but will ensure your thoughts are heard for our next menu review. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at ngandossi@opushotel.com if I can be of any assistance for your next visit to Vancouver. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back!

Vancouver, BC
“Good food, good service that will cost you”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

If you go here, be prepared to spend about $100 per person. Its a chic setting in the Opus Hotel in Yaletown Vancouver. We do not do this often, but once in a while it is great to get dressed up and see your friends dressed up and enjoy luxurious food and drink. The special occasion for us was getting together with a group of good friends to celebrate a birthday. At first I was worried about the setting... then realized we were in the lobby/lounge not the restaurant yet. The reservations were for 8pm but the restaurant couldn't seat us... so we hung out and had a couple cocktails/wines while we waited for the table to be ready. The servers were all courteous.
When we were seated, our waiter was polite and accepted that the couples wanted to have separate bills... He was very knowledgeable about the menu. Many of the items on the menu are in Italian and I think all the wines were Italian also. He informed us of some dishes that were not in print. My husband and I started with appys or primi's of polenta gnocci in a mushroom sauce - this was so delicious! Very awesome. The other appy was thinly sliced cured beef with fontina cheese and some greens. It was ok. Different for us so we gave it a try. It was on the salty side but not overbearing... Our entrees: hubby got the double bone pork chop. Very thick and nicely done. Came ontop of cabbage & onion purree. I ordered the primi size Linguine Vongole (clams) with side of roasted cauliflower. It was tasty but I should have gotten something different. I ordered it because I like pasta and I have been trying to eat iron rich foods and clams, well you know... and I ordered the veg... seemed logical at the time. Anyways instead I should have ordered for my entree two or three appys - trio of chips, meatballs and ancini (rice balls with mozza inside)... different for me. or the bone marrow. My friend and her husband shared the bone marrow and enjoyed it. Its rich! The red wine (I prefer red) that the waiter paired to the pasta for me was a perfect choice. I loved it. I also loved the first glass too and it was different. The wines by the glass start at $11 to about $14. The that was paired for the pork chop was also a good match. Bold. I had no room for dessert but friends enjoyed theirs and special coffees...
When you're there and have to take a bathroom break, take a note of the wall between the Men's and Women's - it is not a mirror... Its a glass window. It was amusing to discover that.
All in all a memorable delicious fun night.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
OPUSHotel, General Manager at La Pentola, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Avg_40ish_woman, thank you for choosing to dine at La Pentola, and for the time in sending your comments. We truly appreciate hearing all of the details and gaining a better understanding of why you enjoyed your memorable experience! We have shared your comments with the entire team, who will hopefully have another opportunity to welcome you back to La Pentola in the near future.

Regina, Canada
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Small and quaint, like being in a European restaurant. Location to the hotel, on rainy days you do not even need to step outside.

Visited May 2013
OPUSHotel, General Manager at La Pentola, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Anita M, thank you very much for choosing to dine in La Pentola, and for sending us your feedback. We were delighted to hear how you described the food as excellent, which I will ensure to communicate to the entire team! We look forward to welcoming you back to La Pentola, hopefully along with lots of sun shine, for your next trip to Vancouver!

Vancouver, Canada
“Outstanding restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

This is sister restaurant to La Quercia in Kitsilano - but it far outdoes that restaurant. The service at La Pentola is warm and welcoming, the room is inviting and the food is stellar.

Must tries are the Bone Marrow appetiser and anything seafood on their menu - we had the trout and it was superb - cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. The seafood risotto was probably the best I've ever had - rice cooked to perfect al dente, seafood also cooked perfectly and nestled on top - great flavors and a wonderful wine list offering many fantastic Italian wines to support the menu.

On that note, the waitress sent the sommelier to our table to help select a wine - he was knowlegable, friendly and without pretense - helped us find just the right wine to complement our food choices.

There are many good Italian restos in Vancouver - but this one stands out from the pack!