“Excellent tapas - great late night stop.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Mission Viejo, California
“Excellent tapas - great late night stop.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friend and I walked up her from our hotel downtown after our waitress from Miku recommended we stop in here. We weren't disappointed - they have some really tasty selections - our favorite was the spicy chick peas - make sure you try them. We also finished off our meal with the churros dipped in chocolate - so good! Hey, on vacation - so why not. A fun atmosphere with some nice wines by the glass.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Durham, North Carolina
“Great food and an Excellent Server”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I ate here while on vacation in Vancouver. The previous night, we ate at a highly acclaimed 5 star restaurant and had a ho hum experience. Decent food at a ridiculous price in a stuffy atmosphere. The best part of the meal was our server recommending Espana.
We arrived at the restaurant and were told we'd have to wait which didn't bother us because we were able to sample the great Spanish wines while we waited.
The restaurant is noisy and crowded, but the food and good vibes made up for it. We sampled the Tapas (shrimp, tortilla, and others). Our server gave us a subtle thumbs up or down with each order and made ordering fun. We finished the meal with the steak which was outstanding.
The only thing left was a good strong cup of coffee to finish the meal off. I asked our server about the French press coffee and was surprised when she gave me the thumbs down. She proceeded to recommend her favorite café in another neighborhood that she said served the best coffee in Vancouver. We went and she was right. We had a fantastic espresso and some great French pastries in the process.
So, Espana was a hit in our book. Great food, excellent, honest and fun service, all at a reasonable price. Thanks again for a great night out in Vancouver! And thanks to the server in the stuffy 5 star for the great recommendation!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Akron, Ohio
“Fun, loud, great tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

espana is such a fun place. The tapas menu is extensive and reasonable. The olives, white anchovy and picked chili Gilda is to die for. Great Serrano ham, delicious watermelon & feta salad, and frito mixto made my dinner great. Others enjoyed the marinated white anchovies, local chorizo, crispy goat cheese and spiced lamb. Very limited outdoor seating (on the sidewalk).

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very good food and nice atmosphere, questionable authenticity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food I ordered all tasted very nice, the padron peppers went down particularly well both with me and my neighbours, who were curious so I shared - so you can see the atmosphere was friendly. Only slight objection is that I'm not sure it was really that 'authentic' - the chorizo for instance wasn't like any I ever ate, but it was tasty.

Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Great late night place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Such friendly folks and great snacks. We had rabbit, olives (deep fried) and spicy chick peas and then the highlight was the prawns. We will definitely be back here next time we are in town.

Visited May 2013