“Wonderful service, delicious food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful service, delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went into Espana on a very busy Thursday night. We were told that the wait for a table for four would take 35 minutes but that we were welcome to sit near the bar and have some drinks. I ordered their Negroni. It was quite good my only complaint was that it was a bit thick and could have used a couple more minutes of stirring. We ended up waiting for the table for about an hour but our server was so apologetic and even took care of a couple appetizers for us so how could we be mad? Once seated we picked quite a few dishes to share and each one was better than the next. We especially loved the chicken skewers and ended up ordering another helping of those. Our server was very nice and was constantly filling our water glasses. All in all one of the best dining experiences I've had in a while. We will definitely be back and will be suggesting Espana to friends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, Canada
“Great Food, Wine and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

A must try! I went here with my boyfriend for our Friday night date night and were surprised at just how good it was! The food was all amazing, especially the pork belly and the wine was scrumptious. The atmosphere is romantic and relaxed. Go here!

• Visited April 2013
Ipswich
“Best Tapas in Vancouver by far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Every single dish, on our visit, knocked us out. There are the 'standard' tapas dishes done extremely well with the best quality ingrefients and prepared freshly and then there are Neil Taylor's own creations that combine his respect for not messing with great ingredients and bringing maximum taste with style.
I could have chosen any of the items on the broad menu (and will be back to tick off the ones we didn't eat) but Ed behind the bar told us about the specials which we had to go for - a deep fried rabbit leg which was amazingly tender and also a kind of chorizo paella ball a little like an arancini but packed with flavour.
We also had the deep fried olives and spicy chick peas which were crispy, salty and deep fried moreish mouthfuls.
We also had spot prawns which had been butterflied and chargrilled with a smokey sweet sauce. The were beautifully sweet.
Next chargrilled asparagus with an extraordinary rosemary, paprika and anchovy butter. It also has a poached egg and we got some garlic toast to move up the gutsy juices on our plate. Again knockout.
We thought we'd had the best until our final tapa which was house made morcilla on toast with fava beans and a poached egg.
Service was great. Ed who looks after the bar looked after us as we chose to sit at the bar. His service was spot on. Friendly, attentive and he made great suggestions.
We've tried many tapas places in Vancouver over a decade and this is a standout based on the amazing food, value for money and service.
Reminds me of my favourite tapas restaurant in London, Barrafina
but I'd choose Espana any day. Outstanding

Alberta
“Tapas, more tapas, and more tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

For a truly social restaurant experience, tapas is an excellent choice. Espana has a good selection of high-quality tapas to share.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Fixed my spanish craving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Fresh off the plane from living in Europe for the past year, I couldn't get authentic spanish patatas bravas out of my mind. thank goodness for this place, my craving has subsided! i tried several other things on the menu that were all excellent as well, including the red wine+coke drink (i recommend this!!). It's so nice to see a spanish restaurant in Vancouver... we are all sick of asian food restaurants taking over our city!! I recommend Espana to all my friends looking for a fun new spot.