“good spot!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Georgia
Description: SoL's authentic tapas and plates span the flavours of the Mediterranean, from the tapas bars of Spain and the bistros of France to the zouks of Morocco. Sun-kissed spices of the Mediterranean tickle your tastebuds. Beautiful, passionate food for a sustainable lifestyle. Chef Elatouabi takes pride in offering locally sources products, supporting BC's farmers, ranchers, and fishmongers. An approachable and reasonably priced wine list and a spacious, heated patio on Coal Harbour's seawall offer the perfect excuse to sit back and remember why you love Vancouver.
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“good spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

we were staying at the westin bayshore so I popped over here for a light dinner last week. it's situated on the seawall just around the corner from the hotel. I had a spot just inside the door, facing the harbour, and the sun shone in on me through the glass front door, a perfect spot to sit. I had grilled focaccia and an arugula salad with seared scallops, with a glass of chardonnay, and read my book. the bread did not impress, it seemed like an ordinary piece of French bread, no herbs/salt to be found/tasted, otherwise my salad and scallops were very tasty. attentive and friendly service. lovely jazz playing in the background. I was entertained through the floor to ceiling windows by the joggers, walkers and bikers enjoying the spring eve. not many people on a Thursday eve, a few sat on the outdoor patio. we had been here a few years ago and I was happy to return!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“It gets a 2 because of the view...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great looking place with outstanding view of seawall and mountains; thats the only good part.
We went last yr when they opened, excited in fact to have a place on the water. We chalked our first expericence to "its a new place it will get better"; we were wrong. Food is atrocious. The menu is a culinary vigsaw puzzle. Quality of food is poor and everything is so over seasoned. They were out of several things that night and the greeting at the door was less then overwhelming. If you do want to try it make sure you go soon; it feels like they wont be around for long.. Such a shame.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Incredible Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been to many of Vancouver's finest restaurants, and without a shadow of a doubt, this is amongst them. It might be a little hard to find, but the location away from the strip of other restaurants downtown is very nice. The decor is very nice, and the staff are super friendly. I went there with a friend for a reservation and our table was not available yet. The manager came over immediately and offered to buy us drinks at the bar. A completely unnecessary, but well accepted gesture. The bar tender was very friendly and knowledgable about the menu and drinks. We sat down and the belly dancing started. (i think it is on friday and saturday nights) which is a nice addition to the ambience. Enough talk about the decor and ambience. The food is to die for. i decided to go for the $38 three course meal, while my friend opted for the $28 dine out menu. Our dishes came, and all were amazing. The food was plated beautifully, and all of the flavors were mouth watering. Its clear that there is a moroccan flair. All of the food was incredible and the whole experience was great. We sat at a table by the window and had a very nice view of the boats and the harbor. Seriously under rated restaurant and a must go to for everyone.

• Visited February 2013
Seattle, WA
“Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

It's what everyone wants in a restaurant when dining in Vancouver: beautiful views - especially on the patio, elegant, tasty food, great prices and easy parking. What more can you ask for? PLUS there's live music on the weekends.There's simply nothing else that offers all of the above in one package. I drop by as often. It's now my go-to place to bring out-of-town visitors. It meets the fine balance of being quietly upscale yet unpretentious. The last time I was there with a friend, we stayed until closing even though we had planned only for a quick late night dinner. There aren't too many places you can go to in this city to enjoy jazz with a sprinkling of blues AND can relax, enjoy great drinks and have a conversation. The staff and owner Abdel Elatouabi are gracious and warm. Abdel, especially is an expert on pairing the best of wines that won't break the bank with healthy, delicious cuisine. This is a chef that truly cares about the customer - using the best, freshest ingredients with consideration for our pocketbooks. We always order the lobster and white bean appetizer. I'm usually a chocolate freak but when I dine here, I go for the lemon meringue dessert. It's like no other lemon meringue...

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Great new find on the water in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Some reviewer put the wrong city ( Victoria ) don't know how to edit that but took 10 guest there last night . Food was excellent . Drinks were slow coming ? We tried the mushroom bruschetta very good , the antipasto platter lovely, chicken phyllo roll ups , tasty , fry bread which we ordered 4 of ! Two types of dip weakest dishes lacking presentation & flavor . Also ordered three mains lamb, chicken & pork chop. All very tasty ( lamb the best) desserts ordered panacotta nice , chocolate mousse weak .
I highly recommend this restaurant & will go back for the live entertainment on the weekends