“MEATLOAF GRILLED CHEESE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mom's Grilled Cheese Truck

Mom's Grilled Cheese Truck
Corner of Howe Street & West Georgia | Vancouver Art Gallery Corner, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #82 of 2,873 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: American
Description: Monday – Friday, 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM. We are also conveniently located right by bus stops, the subway (Canada Line) and City bike lanes. You can also walk, drive and park, take the sea bus, scooter, segway, skateboard, roller blade, unicycle, pogo stick, cart wheel or run to Mom’s!
Saskatoon, Canada
“MEATLOAF GRILLED CHEESE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

what else needs to be said?

Next best thing to getting a back rub from a super model while driving a Ferrari.

Awesome portions and service was fast and friendly. Glad we stumbled onto this. Excellant value - wished they did delivery ... to Saskatchewan hahaha!

Visited June 2014

Newcastle, Australia
“Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I signed up to tripadvisor just to write this review.
It was seriously the best toasted sandwich i have ever had.
I had the Tuesday special, which happened to be a drool-worthy vegetarian option, loaded with cheese, avo, garlic and capsicum, on crispy multigrain bread. With the added pickle, it made my day!
You WANT to find this truck.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Canada
“Definitely not your mom's average grilled cheese!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We tracked this truck down for lunch after seeing that they had the longest line ups at the Vancouver Food Truck Festival and were not disappointed. We used the free Vancouver food truck app to find where they would be open today. The staff were very friendly and the food was very reasonably priced....Not to mention it was one of the best grilled cheese we ever had! We tried their grilled cheese on sourdough with cheddar, havarti and bacon... would highly recommend it! Also it was nice to see the potato chips in the bottom were from local BC farmers.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Gone to cheese heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had read about the street food in Vancouver, so fresh off a long flight from England and a 'big mouse' that I am, I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I tried one of their grilled cheese sandwiches. Great staff who seemed to have regular customers that they knew well.

Visited June 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Street Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

First of all, I loved everyone who works there, particularly the awesome curly blonde that I assume is the owner. Amazing, friendly service, and they really seem to know their regulars. I overheard the owner say that in the near future, you could call ahead to put to-go orders through. Bonus!

Now, let's talk grilled cheese, shall we? Their menu has a specific type of grilled cheese for each day of the week, or you can build your own by selecting your favorite bread, cheese and add-ons. I opted for sourdough, cheddar and of course, le bacon. Best grilled cheese EVER. The bread was nice and crispy, and the cheddar was a hot mess of deliciousness. The bacon was OK but I usually like mine crispier. The grilled cheese is served in a cone shaped paper thing, with Hard Bite chips at the bottom, and two pickles thrown in for good measure. Total: $12.50. This included their homemade ginger mint lemonade. My mom ordered a grilled cheese with no add-ons or extras and it was $8.00. In my opinion, the prices aren't too bad if you factor in the size and quality of the sandwiches. A must-eat stop in the heart of Vancouver.

• Visited August 2013