“Superb spot for breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Belgian, Coffee Shop, Dessert
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Superb spot for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We called in to this shop looking for breakfast during one morning in Vancouver. We were hit by the sweet smell of fresh waffles before we even made the door.

I had a Parisian waffle with brie, walnuts and honey. It was to die for! My wife had a waffle with fresh raspberries, banana and chocolate that looked (and tasted) like a work of art.

Its a small shop, so not much room for seating. Its got a very plain (rough sawn wood) interior. The guys behind the counter were very friendly and offered good advice about what to do in Vancouver. On top of all of this the coffee was pretty good too. I had a nice latte and my wife slurped down a Café Mocha - which had a twist of orange in the chocolate too.

Very nice experience!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
vancouver bc canada
“nero tip review”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

this café asks for tips before and type of service, that stinks, because there is no service there, its a dirty little hole in the wall...dirty tables, and asking for tips before service is terrible, two ppl in the kitchen running around in a hurry and going nowhere...there even is no menu..its a crappy place

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Great little waffle spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a cute little waffle bar. There are usually lines out the door, especially around dinnertime, but the waffles they serve are really good. I recommend the Belgian Waffle (which is light and flakey) as opposed to the other type, which is more chewy. The toppings they have are great! Seating is very limited, and it is very cramped in there, but you will likely not be spending gobs of time in there, so it might not be as much of an issue. Staff is usually friendly, although sometimes they seem a little bit stressed (with the large amounts of people). Be prepared to wait sometimes for 30 mins to get a seat. I recommend this place!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bonnyville, Canada
“A must try!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to go to De Dutch which is just a few feet away from this place, but as they close at 3 pm we were left searching for another place to satisfy our sweet tooth. So glad we found this place!!! The waffles were delicious, we also had some very good cappuccinos. I scored low on the service because we didnt get saucers or teaspoons with our coffee but other than that the service is very good. It is a very small place but inviting and charming. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best waffle ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I came here for a try after I ate ramen, this place was PACKED! Sometimes I come here and they are sold out:(. I love the Banella ( bananas and Nutella) you can also choose from a Liege or Brussels waffle, they have a different taste and texture. I wanted to try the Rudolph. ( vanilla ice cream with whipped cream and raspberries chocolate sauce and a dark choco mousse.) Soooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooodddddd!

Visited August 2013