“Not gourmet but comfort food!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Kamloops, Canada
“Not gourmet but comfort food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Ok people! This food is not gourmet so you can't compare it to a high-end restaurant. We used to dine here regularly when we lived in Vancouver. It hasn't changed. The pasta is still great - cooked al dente to perfection. Yes, the chicken does have an odd rubbery texture. The sauce (rose Gorgonzola on the penne ricardo) is tasty. The pizza was good. Ceasar salad fresh. Ambience great. For the price, it is excellent value. Oh and the sangria is still my favorite! Service was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Penticton, Canada
“Sad Pasta”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I ate here often when we lived in Vancouver 15 years ago. I don't know if my taste buds have become more refined or if it has gotten worse, but were we ever disappointed. How can you ruin pasta so badly? The chicken I had in my dish barely was terrible - rubbery and weird and the sauce was below average. My husband had bolognese and he found it just okay - but the consistency of the pasta was odd.

Such a shame because the room is great, the service was excellent, the music and ambiance all get top marks. The cocktails looked fabulous. Maybe go for a drink at the bar and then head off somewhere else for the main event.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Palm Springs, California
“The worst Italian food ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The pizza is like cardboard. The pasta absolutely disgusting. If anyone thinks this is good Italian they really need to get out more. Horrible horrible horrible.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Grande Prairie, Canada
“For a night of pure romance...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Located in the heart of the beautiful and scenic West End on Davie Street, this little café is romance itself. It has one of the most appealing decor's that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. It is a tiny place with intimate tables, soft lighting and an extensive wine list and Italian menu. The pastas are absolutely perfect and are gently kissed with soft sauces and seafoods and fresh breads with balsalmic vinegar and olive oils appear before the lovers like magic. Well trained and courteous staff offer choices and extend the evening by giving suggestions when asked and disappearing discreetly when the lovers lean in for a kiss or hold hands in the candlelight. A woman feels more beautiful here and she is in for a night of soft kisses and tender moments as this place lends itself to pure passion. You will delight and heighten your senses here and come away feeling a little more in love.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“From its rating, I expected more.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I came to Cafe Lucy because I was looking if a good Italian meal in the Village. When I saw the rating on Trip Advisor, I thought I'd found my place. It turned out that it was just out of the Village - and it was not busy, especially for a Friday night. The atmosphere was just barely OK - it could easily be made nice. Why they need a big flat-screen TV in a restaurant, I don't know. At least the sound wasn't on. The music, real Italian music like you'd hear in Italy, was really nice.

The Caesar Salad was very good, but the portion was small for the mid-size bowl. The garlic bread was delicious. I ordered the Seafood Lasagna and, true to the reviews, the portion was huge. The pasta was a nice consistency and the sauce was delicious, but you could really only taste the shrimps when it comes to seafood.

The server was quite friendly, but glasses sat on the table long after they were empty - and until I left. All the food was served promptly - except I was offered more bread when my meal came and I had to ask again when he did the quality check. (I was half way through meal by then).

So, overall it was good, but as visitor to Vancouver, I'd look for someplace that feels more special
next time round.