“Great brews & tour!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Granville Island Brewing

Granville Island Brewing
1441 Cartwright Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3R7, Canada (Fairview)
604-687-2739
Improve this listing
Ranked #69 of 335 things to do in Vancouver
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours of Canada's first modern microbrewery last about a half hour and include a souvenir glass and a taste of four brews. Kids are welcome; they get a taste of root beer. COST: C$8.75. July and Aug., Sun.-Wed. 10-7, Thurs.-Sat. 10-8; Sept.-June, daily 10-7; call for tour times.
Nixa, Missouri
88 attraction reviews
“Great brews & tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

You can get a tour of the brewery 3 times a day; cost was $9.75 and includes 3 4oz samples. My husband & I were the only ones there, so we essentially got a private tour. They had 8 beers on tap, so since we shared our three-each, we got to try 6 of the 8. Our tour guide, Chloe, was great. Very knowledgeable, and after our tour she sat & chatted with us for a good while, gave us some recommendations for things to do in the area, and even recommended us to another brewery/restaurant for dinner. I would definitely recommend a visit to this spot for anyone who's in to craft brewing! Plus the island is just a really cool spot to walk about.

Visited January 2013

Castlemore, Ontario, Canada
17 attraction reviews
“Great place to taste beer and hang out with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Taproom is a great place at Granville Island. They let you drink 3 small beers each or 1 big beer. We choose 3 different beers each so we get to taste all of them. It was a nice break from the bitter cold to come inside and get warm. The Taproom also does tours of how they brew the beer which is very interesting. So plan the tour time when you get to Granville as they only do a limited number a day.

The IPA beer was the best of them all. They even had a chocolate beer which was ok.

Visited January 2013
Gladstone, Australia
12 attraction reviews
“Good place to chill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled upon the brewery while my wife and kids were visiting the kids markets across the road. I must admit I was a bit disappointed when I was told that I could only drink three small beers or one large one because of their brewery licence. Anyone who knows beer, knows you need to taste more than a spit of beer to get the real flavour. I even suggested I could sample three small ones, walk outside and come back in again in order to get three more. But..I was told they would not do that, so I went to the shop,bought a six pack and left. I would have easily stayed there for an hour or two and sampled all of their beers, but instead I bought a six pack for next door and left. I was particularly fond of the winter ale and against better judgement, the chocolate stout was a nice drink as well.
Staff were very friendly, but I can't get over the fact you can only have a very tiny amount before getting kicked out. Fix that, and you will have he perfect venue.

Sydney, Australia
59 attraction reviews
“An afternoon tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a 2:00pm tour followed by a tasting of three small beers.
If you enjoy different beer flavours visit Granville Island brewing.

Visited December 2012
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
25 attraction reviews
“So so”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Did the tour, and our guide was friendly and informative. But its extremely short. You then get to sample some beers afterwards, so of which are nice, others dont taste that great. And you cant stay behind for another beer in the bar afterwards due to a local licencing law. I'd recommend doing the tour, but dont expect much