“Good sub but lacking in some areas.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,655 of 2,805 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Vancouver, Canada
“Good sub but lacking in some areas.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Went to this place to check out what it was all about. Could it be that there was finally a Vietnamese sub restaurant in Yaletown? I had to see for myself.

They've got an interesting menu with subs and hot plates. I decided to go with the original cold cut sub and my girlfriend went with the lemon grass chicken sub.

The subs were prepared to order right in front of you. They wrapped up both subs neatly with a cut in the middle and through the paper so that it can be torn apart easily. Just looking at it, it looked great, the sub wasn't too big and had lots meat, pickled vegetables and pate in the middle. After taking my first bite, something was definitely wrong. It was cold (I know it's supposed to be a cold cut sub) but it was cold as though it was sitting in the back of the fridge. Another thing was that the bread was a bit hard. Probably because I went there for dinner and they probably had it out the entire day. My girlfriend's lemon grass chicken sub was pretty awesome because the chicken was made to order and steaming hot, but again that bread was still kinda tough for my liking.

The subs were $7+ and were ok to good. There are other places where you can get a Vietnamese sub where the bread is crusty on the outside and soft on the inside for $5-$7 which isn't a whole lot of difference in monetary terms.

Would I come back? I'd probably try this place again in 3-6 months and see if the cold cuts are no longer frozen and if they decide to bake bread later in in the day or will try it in the morning.

• Visited September 2012