“Great Coffee Event Better Pastries and Chocolates” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thomas Haas (Kitsilano)

Thomas Haas (Kitsilano)
2539 West Broadway, Vancouver, British Columbia V6K 2E9, Canada
604.736.1848
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 137 Coffee & Tea in Vancouver
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
San Francisco
“Great Coffee Event Better Pastries and Chocolates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The first time we experienced Thomas Haas there was only one location in North Vancouver. We had to take the water bus from downtown to North Van. And we walked for almost an hour asking for directions along the way. The Cafe was hidden away amongst factories, warehouses, and a high school. But it was worth every minute of our trek. We had wonderful sandwiches for lunch but the pastries and chocolates took me back to the days I lived in Vienna. No exaggeration.
Imagine how pleased we were to discover Thomas Haas had opened a cafe at 2539 Broadway in the Kitsilano area. Easy to reach and just as delicious. Go for a breakfast of cafe latte and a crispy croissant, for lunch enjoy a sandwich and dessert, or for an afternoon snack of chocolates with too many choices to list here. By the way, we found Thomas Haas chocolates available at Urban Fair grocery stores.
This is a no brainer must visit. WARNING, the cafe is closed Sundays and Mondays don't be disappointed. But if you are lucky to might even run into Thomas Haas.

Calgary, Canada
“Try their double baked croissants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Huge lineup and it's impossible to get a table. My friends and I sat outside, squeezed into a tiny table. I bought a box of chocolates because my friends told me Thomas Haas supply their chocolates to the White House/the Obama family. Their chocolates were good but I think their double baked chocolate croissants are better. Their hot chocolate is also amazing - it's the real stuff with real cocoa, not the cheap powder crap.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good desserts but very crowded!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Heard of thomas hass as he is the best pastry chef in the city! Yes it's true the deserts are amazing and same with the coffee. The downer is that there is always a huge line up to order and ver few tables to sit and enjoy your deserts and if u do get a table your surrounded by a huge line up by the door. Other then that if its a nice sunny day and u go early get yourself a table outside and you will enjoy the experience much better then to feel like your in a high school cafeteria.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa
“A chocolat lover's paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

A mix of a coffee shop and chocolate retail location, you will find amazing chocolates, pastries, macarons and divine hot chocolate (as well coffee). It is well worth the detour if you are walking / shopping on 4th Avenue in Kitsilano to trek up to Broadway to partake. Chocolate is a great gift to bring back home.

montreal
“A real patisserie in Vancouver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've walked by Thomas Haas on West Broadway many times and often wondered at what was so special inside. It was either always busy-looking, or there would be a few patrons sitting at the tables outside, a pastry and coffee at their side. It looked like the kind of place you didn't rush. Today, I decided to finally visit, and man, I'm late to this party. But better late than never, right? The pastries are gorgeous, the chocolate treats sublime. Everything looks like it arrived straight from some of the best patisseries and chocolateries I visited in Paris. I had the hazelnut danish and my husband tried a sour cherry turnover. Once finished, we eyed our neighbours with envy who, wisely, had chosen two pastries each. All the servers were kind and friendly, and the small space was bustling with positive energy. I also couldn't get over the value. Pastries and other treats are priced really well for the amazing quality they are - I can name many other local bakeries where prices are higher and the goods are nowhere near this high quality. Loved it and will definitely go back. In fact, Thomas Haas is now on my list of must-visits when guests are in town.

• Visited March 2013