“super yum, super reasonable” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 2,847 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Description: Offering authentic Mexican tacos in the heart of Downtown Vancouver.We make our tacos from traditional recipes with local, organic and sustainable products, when possible.Our menu offers different types of fillings which can be served as a Taco (soft tortilla, made locally) or as a Quesadilla.La Taqueria is born in 2009, through the idea of creating a pinche taco stand, which resemble the taste and feel of street tacos around Mexico. These tacos are usually the best and are often referred to as pinche tacos.Both locations are open 11am to 8:30pm Monday to Saturday. Closed Sunday.
Squamish, Canada
“super yum, super reasonable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

They have 2 locations, serve very similar food, but teh one on Cambie is a little bigger. The food is seriously so delicious. I always get the 4 taco special and mix and match. The fish is usually my favorite, but the pork ones are also good. I think the grand total is about $10 and you will be full. mmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Oh, and the staff are always so friendly and smiley. I love these places.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vancouver, Canada
“Soft-Taco Yumminess”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Hadn't tried mexican beer before until coming here. I've always loved tacos though and every single one we ordered was right on the mark. We ended up getting 1 of everything on the menu so that we could decide which one we would prefer for next time. Ended up finding out we'd have to come several more trips to decide...ended up liking ALL of them! Carnitas....and for the vegetarians.. FRIJOLES CHARROS CON QUESO... YUM!

Wish they opened a tiny bit later...but all in all, AWESOME!

• Visited November 2012
Vancouver
“Actually the best tacos we have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Wonderful assortment of choices that are really well balanced even before you get to the sauces.

We have been SoCal, Mexico, Costa Rica etc...and these are the best tacos we have ever had. Great value too.
Add that to their happy hour on a decent selection of Mexican beer, and you have a winner. I guess my only complaint is that they close early.

• Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Worth Searching Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

So glad I found this place. It has become a regular lunch spot and every time I go, I'm transported back to the out of the way places I've been fortunate enough to visit in Mexico. The staff are so friendly with a "hello" when you walk in and a "thanks for coming/bye" when you leave. As a vegetarian, I love the unique selection of tacos they serve. There are 4 different ones and it gives you a great variety...they're all really tasty! The selection for meat and fish is larger. Everyone I bring has raved about the food so far, veggie and meat eaters. Great value and the new 2nd location on Cambie Street is just as good.

• Visited January 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Tacos in Canada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The tacos served at this taqueria can compete with Le Super Rica Taqueria in Santa Barbara USA. It's hard to find a Mexican taqueria in Vancouver albeit one I would consider as one of the best. Even better than many of the taquerias in Mexico. The quality ingredients and addicted sauces makes this place special. The service is great and so is the atmosphere. These owners came to Canada, saw an opportunity, and conquered the competition. Ok, Now I'm craving these tacos! Disfrútalos!

• Visited December 2012