“Consistently Fresh and Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sula Indian Restaurant

Sula Indian Restaurant
1128 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, British Columbia V5L3X2, Canada (Formerly Palki)
+1 604-215-1130
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 2,763 Restaurants in Vancouver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian, Vegan, Balti
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Previously known as Palki Restaurant, We gave your favorite Indian restaurant on commercial drive it's own identity in Aug 2013. Now called as Sula Indian Restaurant serving authentic Indian food with great choices of traditional indian curries, tandoor baked breads, rice preparations offering vast choices of vegetarian, gluten free and vegan options for dine in, take out and delivery
vancouver, bc
“Consistently Fresh and Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Never disappointed... Had the buffet lunch for the first time yesterday, and came back for more today! Reasonnably priced, delicious, includes their delicious naan and great service... Even though I don't eat here as often as I would like, the owners remember my name, always greet me as if I was their best custumer... Just great pride, and very yummy food... Love the funky Indian ambiance and music! What a relaxing lunch...

• Visited August 2013

“Yummy butter chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

These guys have a pretty good butter chicken. I only say pretty good bc the best I have ever had was in western Japan made by Indians so my standard is high. I've always had good service here and the atmosphere is really nice. The take out is great too and you get large portions. The lunch buffet is a steal if you have a big appetite midday.

Visited October 2012
Markham, Canada
“Delicious Indian food...Most Enjoyable Dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Recommended by our b&b, we dined at Palki for some Indian food and loved it here! The chicken coconut & beef vindaloo were just fantastic and nicely presented. The sauces were delicious and the poultry/meat were tender. We ate our dishes alongside our tandoori naan & basmati rice with delight! Great ambience and service also! Give it a try if you're in the Commercial drive area..

• Visited July 2013
vancouver
“Must try !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

First time here and oh my!! Best Indian restaurant in Vancouver. The staff is so nice and the service was fantastic and genuine. Will come back for sure !

• Visited June 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Highest quality Indian food I've had. Recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Excellent restaurant. Our server was friendly and efficient and our meal was delicious. It is somewhat hard to get to and their isn't very good parking, since it is located on a busy road, but it is worth the trip if you're in the area. This is one of the best Indian restaurants that I've tried in the Vancouver area.

I always order butter chicken when I eat in an Indian restaurant and was very impressed with how they presented their curry. They serve it inside of a metal dish and underneath it, they light a small tea candle. This candle keeps your food surprisingly hot. There is nothing worse than eating in an Indian restaurant, or any restaurant for that matter and finding that the food is served to you luke-warm, but it was cooked perfectly and served hot from the get-go, which is something that is very important to me.

Their butter chicken has a strong taste of ginger. So if you love ginger you will really like their butter chicken, but if you do not care for it, I would recommend ordering a different dish, as their version of butter chicken has a much more pronounced ginger flavour than you may be used to. It is delicious though! Their chicken was among the freshest and most tender that I've tasted. I hate ordering a dish and receiving tough or previously frozen chicken, but this was probably the tenderest chicken that I've ever tasted. It was amazing.

Their prices are a little higher than other Indian restaurants, but the quality of their food is high. Ever want to order fish pakoras? Most Indian restaurants will use pollock or some other cheap fish meat, but Palki uses cod or halibut which scores them bonus points in my book.

This would be a great place to host a larger get-together with friends or family, as the ambiance here is very nice and they can accommodate larger parties. They also have a location in North Vancouver, which is worth noting.

• Visited April 2013