“A fun experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Judas Goat Taberna - CLOSED

Judas Goat Taberna
27 Blood Alley, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
Website
Cross street: Alley between Carrall and Abbott
Vancouver, Canada
“A fun experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place is awesome! It's smaller than I expected but the group I was here with all fit comfortably and we had a great time! I personally really like the food and wine pairings (Dine Out Vancouver menu) and as far as I know so did everyone else. The waitress was lovely and despite the size, the place has a lot of character! The only downside is the lack of coffee or tea options for after dinner.
All in all a great experience and I will be back soon to try out the regular menu.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Westminster, Canada
“Not sure what I'm missing....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We booked a table here for Dine Out Vancouver so my review on the food is obviously only based on what was on the fixed menu. It was...average. The restaurant location is very cool, the restaurant itself is small and cozy yet it works and you don't 'feel' the smallness. Our waitress was great. The food, again, was okay. One of the desserts was almost tasteless and unedible (rice pudding...which was more like a solid mass of white glue). My husband had the trout for his main (dry). There is beer and wine..no other alcohol and no coffee, tea, etc. The menu, truly is cold...which is noted by the lack of kitchen. There is no stove. I'm not really sure if the food is premade and reheated for the few hot options, but for the $$, I've eaten at better. Now saying all of this, I should likely try the place on a NON Dine Out night and check out their regular menu, but if this was our taste of things to come there, I'd likely not be racing back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Michigan
“A late night casual dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

After spending the day wandering Vancouver, and then going to see the Capilano Xmas lights, headed down to dinner, at Judas Goat - a slightly quirky, tapas influenced small plates bar. Fun for a intimate dinner, or just a drink and the chance to try a few different meals

Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Great small place...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Had dinner with a friend a few nights ago. The food was absolutely excellent - the tapas were better than anything we had in all of Spain earlier this year. The food is creatively prepared, the service was impeccable (ok, we were the only ones in the restaurant that night), and our server knew her food and wine inside out and made great recommendations. The potato chip & brandade appetizer is a must have! I highly recommend this small place - I hope it's here for the long run.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great "small" place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I really liked the food at Judas Goat Taberna. Granted, the plates are small; the restaurant is very small; the tables are small and tall like bar tables. But the food is really really good. I hope this Blood Alley venue finds its niche and is able to survive.

• Visited October 2012