“Just about complete Garbage!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Black and Blue

Black and Blue
1032 Alberni Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Downtown)
604 637 0777
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Black and Blue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 2,789 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Burrard
Wyndham Cozumel Resort & Spa Sabor
“Just about complete Garbage!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

STEAK HOUSE NOT A CHANCE !!
Ok so we reluctantly agreed to go here as the reso was made by a friend's girlfriend. I have been there before and had a salad and drinks. Atmosphere is excellent , decor is very nice. Music really great.
We ordered appies , Steak Tartar and Carpaccio . Steak Tartar (presentation was good) taste was ok at best, chewy, . (about me, I love food and I am considered a good cook.)
Carpaccio was a disaster. Thick slices , no taste what so ever, with a few wilted leaves of arugula. It tasted like deli meat from save-on a few days old at best.
The friends we were with ordered a Tuna appy (was excellent) and oysters (did not eat them so don't know).
Main dish... what a disappointment.
Me and my girl had Tenderloin for Two. (specified medium) . Meat tasted like kidneys ( poor cut of meat) . Was super salty, chewy, undercooked. Absolutely horrible. Friends had a Filet Mignon. Took few bites , and did not even consider another bite, meat was fatty , chewy , smelled and tasted awful . His girl had a T-bone steak , that was grisly , overdone, over salted. Again tasted revolting. Drinks were watered down. Side dishes , over salted again... Bill was 450$ . I will never ever go back to this place ! Complete rip off. If you must, go for the ambiance (which they nailed, I will have to be fair) get a salad and some trusted drinks. The place is run by a bunch of teeny boppers. Waiter was a total space cadet, forgetting drinks, napkins ect... so his tip or lack of a good tip was reflected at the end.
DON'T GO FOR STEAKS THIS IS NOT A STEAK HOUSE , You will get a better steak at Red Robin!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Black and Blue, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hi there. Although I'm happy to hear there were some positive parts of your experience, I must apologize that you did not enjoy your entrees. We always strive to have each and every guest leave having had a great meal, exceptional service and an all around positive experience. I have forwarded your feedback to the General Manager who would be happy to address your comments personally. Please email Vinay Dogra, vdogra@glowbalgroup.com and he will be in touch. Thank you.

80% Recommend
Vancouver, Canada
“Outatanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My wife and I were given a Christmas present from our daughters for a nice evening meal in Vancouver. We chose Black and Blue as we wanted an upper scale establishment and somewhere that had energy without it being a "sports bar".

We made reservations for a Friday evening a couple weeks in advance and they were able to accommodate us at our chosen 7:00, probably their busiest time of the week.

We were warmly greeted and escorted to a table for two on the upper level overlooking the bar and the lower level. We were able to take in the energy of a really happening scene without being having to be right smack in the middle of it.

Our server, Manny was outstanding in providing us service. He was charming, he listened, he was there when we needed him and knew when to leave us alone. He heard a casual comment from us that this we were celebrating our 25th that night, and he presented us with a delicious celebratory dessert.

We will return.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for spending your special night with us! I have passed on your kind words to Manny and the team at Black+Blue. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and we look forward to serving you and your wife again soon.
“Love love love this place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have always loved this restaurant. The service here is usually amazing. A few servers there need to get an attitude check, but the majority of them are awesome. The one that stands out to me is Leah. The food is also just incredible as well as the atmosphere. I would 100% recommend this hotel if you are looking for a romantic, or even trendy restaurant to go with a group of friends! I would recommend bringing your own wine as their prices for wine are a little pricey, but other than that everything is worth every penny!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Looking forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers.
“Fantastic service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with my husband for a special occasion. Black & Blue seems to be a happening restaurant, and it was very busy the evening of our reservation. Although on the expensive side, we both thoroughly enjoyed out steaks. Without hesitation we both agreed that the service was the highlight of our experience. From the hostess and management to the server who made our anniversary so special (his name was Rio), we were blown away. We will be back;)

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Tara A, Guest Relations Manager at Black and Blue, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Agreed - Rio is one of the best! I have passed on your kinds words to Rio and the team at Black+Blue. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Vancouver, Canada
“International Women's Day Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Michael Moore and the staff are always amazing at the restaurant. We received such over the top service and the food was delicious as always. I am a regular at the restaurant and it's because I have never ever had a bad experience every time I am at Black + Blue. Every time I take someone at the restaurant to eat they are always so impress with the food & service. Today Mike was unforgetable with treating us with a dessert plater for International Women's day treat.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Happy belated International Women's Day - thank you for celebrating with us! We have passed on your kind words to Mike and the team at Black+Blue. We look forward to serving you again soon!