“next to the Holiday Inn Express” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Vancouver Island, Canada
“next to the Holiday Inn Express”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

if you are staying at the Holiday Inn Express hotel, the Pressbox Pub is conveniently next door. The pub offers a good selection of beer, decent (pub) food and great service. We were there on a Friday late afternoon - hardly any patrons, several large screens with the ball game on. My partner had the halibut burger which he said was really good (and he is picky) and I had the ribs basket, which I did not like at all (too much commercial barbeque sauce). good place to hang out and relax mid to late afternoon.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

The pub was recommended by the hotel next door and we had a coupon from the hotel so we figured we'd try it out, really not expecting much. However, we were very impressed. I had the fish tacos, which was mixed with mangos and it was super good. My friend had the BBQ ribs special and she was also impressed. Service was timely and friendly. Great place to go for a pre-concert or post- concert meal (and beverage).

Visited August 2013
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Good food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

A good place to relax after a days sightseeing!Good,tasty,well cooked food and cold beer.Staff were very friendly and being next door to our hotel was a bonus.

Visited June 2013
Chinandega, Nicaragua
“poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

disappointing all the way the services was horrible what more can I say. The food menu was not good nobody there music sucks

Visited March 2013
Vancouver
“Local Bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Our company often puts our visiting suppliers into the hotel that the pressbox is adjoined. I decided that I should visit this bar and check it out so as to be able to make recommendations to our guests. It was a Thursday and maybe around 6 pm, the place had just a few people hanging out having drinks, not a great atmosphere. Seats are comfortable with a lounge style, some TV screens to look at with whatever channel has been chosen. Service was quick, which it should be with only a few customers. Not much of a beer selection which was disappointing. As someone from Vancouver and wanting to show off our great selection of micro brews this is not the place to go. Only ordered the chicken fingers off the app list which were priced high for an app. When they arrived, the serving was larger than normal ( price) . I could only eat a few of the pieces though. So salty, good thing I still had some average tasting beer left in my glass.Mentioned it to server and said maybe it was my taste buds but that you should try yourself. Told me to just not leave a tip.I think that I will take our guests that stay at the hotel to a different location for beer and food so they go back home with a good memory.

• Visited November 2012