“Middle Eastern Food, Good Service.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nuba Restaurant

Nuba Restaurant
207 W Hastings St., Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 2N4, Canada (Downtown)
+1 (0) 604 688 1655
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Vancouver, Canada
“Middle Eastern Food, Good Service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tried the Hummus, Garden Falafel, Halloumi cheese (excellent!) and chicken Shish Tawook. All very good. If I could make one comment about the Hummus it's that it did not come with bread.

I have read and heard (one instance) about poor service at the Waldorf. My experience was good and in fact I would rate them friendly, even to in insignificant small spending non-hipster like myself. My order was in early in the evening when there was only 2 other parties, so perhaps patience were not yest tested.

Will go back for sure.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlotte, NC
“Surprisingly awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We tried Nuba on our first visit to Vancouver. Neither of us is a Lebanese fan, but after reading such great reviews, we figured we'd better test it out. We weren't terribly hungry, so we decided to try a few of the small, hot plates, and got the prawns, chicken and lamb. The chicken and lamb both came with hummus, so we were glad we didn't order it separately. To say the lamb was amazing would be an understatement. The chicken and lamb were also wonderful, but neither of us can stop talking about the lamb. The atmosphere was cozy and a smidgden fancy, but we felt completely comfortable in jeans.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Food....Don't expect to be welcomed or served well!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I enjoy some of the dishes...but have had several very bad experiences with the service staff. I would avoid going there with a group of more than 2 persons, and don't expect good service at the Hastings Street location. I have heard from good sources that their site near Main street is better. I love Lebanese food, but have never felt welcomed nor had good service at the Hastings street site. I enjoy the food, but have avoided it recently due to bad experiences.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jurien Bay, Australia
“Best Middle Eastern Food in the West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

When I was in Vancouver in May, I couldn't get enough of Nuba on Seymour St. This location is a smaller version of the Hastings Street restaurant, which I didn't eat at....I didn't have to, the Seymour St cafe was delicious!!
I loved the felafel plate. When in Vancouver, it's must.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“A load of Rubbish!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

My Persian business associates selected Nuba Broadway for dinner tonight. Just got back 15 mins ago and I must pen this down before I loose my steam. Nuba Advertised on their website as ' authentic Lebanese cuisine'. Just let me start by saying what a load of crap!. We arrived on time at 7.15pm as reserved. The place was half full. Admittedly the ambience by Vancouver standards was above par. Very rustic but I think the internal architecture of the restaurant had more to contribute to the ambience than decor. Rather basic otherwise. Being Saturday night the place started packing up. As a foodie, I will recognise Lebanese food when I review the menu. Immediately, I knew we will be 'snooked' tonight. More like fusion whatever. We ordered a starter of hummus and some minced vegetables and cabbage. Served on a 8 inch platter which you pay c$16. The speciality of the night was ling cod served with basmati rice ..... Lebanese?????. That was C$23 per serving. Looking through the menu the main course had Octopus, chicken , strip loin, Lamb shank was listed but they were not serving that tonight and another whatever dish...... Does that look Lebanese????. Anyways, the service sucks ... Really sucks!!! My guest were served their ling cod first and our strip loin came 5-7 mins later. We had to return the strip loin because it was served COLD!. Andrew our server said they will get us fresh hot portions and apologized . Guess what 10 mins later the same 2 plates of strip loin were served and I can assure you they were not freshly made. The kitchen just warmed it up again and our meat turned out dry! McDonald's served a fresher meal. C$ 23 for that dish. So Andrew and the restaurant manager were apologetic but .....????. The final straw was coffee and desert. We ordered a walnut pastry and was served something else. By this time, we had spend 2 and a half hours in this ridiculous restaurant just wanting to leave. So as summary... Did you think we had 'authentic Lebanese cuisine'? My Persian business associates should know. I asked for the cheque and their bribery for the night was coffee and pastry on the house. The bill was c$50 per head for a load of rubbish. To the owner/s of Nuba......please....remove your claim on your website---"authentic Lenanese cuisine " when it is really NOT !!!!