“West End comfort and convenience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langtry

The Langtry
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
The Langtry
968 Nicola St., Vancouver, British Columbia V6G 2C8, Canada (Downtown)   |
israel
“West End comfort and convenience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2006

This is the rare occasion when a place, especially a furnished apartment, transcends one's expectations.
I rented the two bedroom 'Stanley Park' suite. The furnishings were comfortable, clean and I even had a lovely fenced off garden with table, chairs and privacy. There is a wonderful cleaning lady who appears daily to change linen, towels etc. When you stay for a month, she will clean the place every week. There is a coin washer and dryer in the building of six suites. From what I saw, the other flats are just as nice. They are completely equipped with every convenience available A-Z. I was introduced to the pleasures of a feather bed. The sofa bed in the living room was new and very comfortable. The building is less that 10 minutes to Stanley Park, English Bay and Granville and Georgia shopping. There is an abundance of fantastic Sushi Bars for delicious lunches. Cheaper than any fast food and made to order. Parking is FREE and plentiful. I hope to return soon.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The homeless who roam the alleys searching for ????
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask Steve for the Stanley Park Suite
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Los Gatos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2005

I have never written a review this negative before, but I was not happy with my experience with the Langtry. I read the previous review on TripAdvisor and liked the photos of the place online, so I booked a stay for a few days in December. I was happy with my initial contact with them. However, I just received an email from them saying they had canceled my reservation because they have a customer who is willing to stay longer -- apparently they needed the room I had reserved. To be fair, they did offer to help find a reservation elsewhere, but any business that cancels an existing reservation in search of a better deal is no business that I want to deal with.

• Stayed September 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2004

The Langtry was PERFECT. Located in the West End, just a few blocks to the beach/park at English Bay, it was also walking distance to grocery stores and coffee bars on Robson & Davie Streets. The hot water radiator heat was comforting to the bones, and the hardwood floors just made it feel warm and cozy. Steve was always available with answers to my questions (restaurant referrals, dog grooming/veterinarians, bus schedules and routes) a real "hands-on" touch you don't find often in long term stay apartment hotels. Among the many amenities they have to offer, free access to a "popular" gym just blocks away was a real bonus. Their prices were below average and their accommodations were above average! There's parking in the back of the building. I will miss the "character" of this building and the neighborhood with it's tree lined streets, old victorian homes smattered between high rises in this exciting city of such diversity!

Been to The Langtry? Share your experiences!