“Second stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vancouver Extended Stay

You added Vancouver Extended Stay to your Saves list
Vancouver Extended Stay
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   101-1288 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 4R3, Canada   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canada
“Second stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for 4 weeks in August and were very pleased with the accommodation as well as the office staff . This time- as with our last stay in March of 2012 -any problems with the apartment were dealt with quickly and competently. Guest services were very helpful with any questions I had. The location is excellent - close to many restaurants and a short walk to the waterfront and to Canada Place. I really appreciated the free parking and internet access. Should we need to spend more time in Vancouver this will definitely be my first choice

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
VanExtendedStay, Guest Relations Manager at Vancouver Extended Stay, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Jane, thank you. Our guest services department appreciates your words so much. We look forward to your third stay with VES!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had just stayed there for 2 weeks with my family. The downtown location was excellent and we were so close to restaurants, shopping, groceries, etc....

The apartment itself was modern and comfortable enough. There was only 1 conditioning unit in the living room so the bedrooms can be rather hot in the summer during the afternoon. Ask the management to see what they can do with that. We encountered minor problems with the lights, electricity outlets, the toilet flushing and the shower water pressure but these were quickly taken care of by the maintenance.

Management office was friendly and helpful. Parking was convenient. Would stay there again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a generous review. We are delighted that you found our services quick and prompt! We will definitely ensure an even more convenient stay the next time you visit. Happy Holidays to you and your family! - VES team
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This place was absolutely amazing. Great place, great views. Right in Yaletown. Perfect place and everything is in walk-able distance. I would def. recommend this place to anyone who is staying in Vancouver. However, the walls might be a little thin, so if you are with you friends try not to be too loud and disturb the neighbors. But overall, this place was a pleasure to live in. I would do it again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for such a considerate review. (: We are so lucky to have had you as a guest. - VES team
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Having driven up from Los Angeles, with only a stay in Portland, Oregon to break up the trip, I arrived tired...super tired. What I did not expect was the personal greeting, the amazing comfort, what a view...and I was totally surprised when I found that there was an en suite clothes washer and dryer! Not once during my stay did I feel like I was in a "hotel". I was home. Very often, on trips I feel awkward saying I will be home when I am staying in a hotel. Not one this time. I really dreaded the morning I left.
One morning, I sat at in the breakfast nook, nursing an Orange juice looking out the window and thankful that I found this wonderful place. Vancouver is a magically city and no place I have stayed in the 24 years I have been visiting there ever made me feel as relaxed and at ease as this place. One small complain though...my stay was too short!
Rachel Ehrenberg
Camarillo, CA USA

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Rachel, your review put a smile on all of our faces at the office today. Your response is exactly the kind that we work to earn from our guests! Our guest services team loves to personalize everything during our guests' stays. We really hope to welcome you back in Vancouver again someday. Your stay was really too short :) - VES, your home in Vancouver.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed there for 2 times within 5 months. One was in Jan for 8 nights, and one was just recently in May for 15 nights! Rooms are all well decorated with all great designed furnitures and facilities. This is a 5 star standard service apartment with great value and good location. Urban fare market and London drugs market just 2 blocks away(6-7mins by walk); coleharbour is just 10 mins walk away too. U can walk to Robson street (the most famous shopping street in Vancouver) for 5 mins and Stanley park is also 5mins by driving. I love this place, it has everything u can think at home, except, toothbrush. Lol

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Happyangeljanet! Thank you for taking those lovely photos of our suite. Next time you visit, we'll have a toothbrush for you in the guest services office ;).

- Sincerely, the very happy VES team
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

it's a nice location downtown and a good security as well. But only just one day that they didn't have hot water in the whole building, other than that the place was nice and comfortable.

That was my second time at that place which was in the year 2011. I plan to let my group staying there every year and it should be around May. Since that period was not a high season, I'd got a good deal as well.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

VanExtendedStay, Guest Relations Manager at Vancouver Extended Stay, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Vanvilai,
Thank you for returning to stay with us a second time and for writing a review! Comments from our guest are always valuable to us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our location, appreciated our security and found our accommodations to be well priced. We will look forward to welcoming you and your group next May.
The Management Team at Vancouver Extended Stay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed in the Palisades in Vancouver, BC for 3 weeks and we had a good time with them.

Pros:

Great location, 2 bathrooms and sufficient chinaware, cutlery and glassware. They provided internet, but it was difficult to get a good signal in the master bedroom and it would also hang every now and then.

Cons:

The sink was clogged for a few days and it took another 2 days to repair it because the staff was on leave. The carpet in the room needs to be replaced as it has a lot spots or marks. The sofa has two holes and needs repair.

Cleaning was done only once in the 3 week period as they only every two weeks. They should at least change our towels on a weekly basis, but you can still wash it yourselves in the in-suite washer/dryer.

The host we generally professional to deal with and was very responsive to our request. They should improve on the follow-up request for repairs though.

I would definitely book with them again, but hopefully they change the carpet and sofa by then.

Room Tip: Make sure they get the bed configuration right. We were suppose to get a King and 2 single, but got...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
VanExtendedStay, Public Relations Manager at Vancouver Extended Stay, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Foodie-Goodie0215,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you would choose us again!

However, we are sorry to hear that not everything went as smoothly as it might have. We will also look into replacing the carpet and a sofa to make sure Vancouver Extended Stay suites are up to the highest standard. We invite all of our guests to make any additional notes on a suite report which is given at check in. The comments on these forms are taken seriously. If you did not get an opportunity to fill one out, please contact us directly so that we can double check to make sure the suite you had is looking its best for the future.

As for bed configuration, most of our master bedrooms have a queen sized bed and a few of them have a king sized bed. All of our second bedrooms have a double bed. We simply don’t have any other configuration in our second bedrooms and we do not promise or advertise anything but this set-up. In the future, if a third bed is necessary our guest services department is happy to arrange an air mattresses for you to rent.

As you mentioned, we do only provide housekeeping once every two weeks and at check out. However, additional housekeeping can be arranged with guest services for a fee. Additional housekeeping can be arranged through guest services.

We appreciate all of your comments and we would be happy to discuss your review and our response in greater detail. We look forward to welcoming you back and trust that your stay will be even more comfortable next time.

The Management Team at Vancouver Extended Stay

Been to Vancouver Extended Stay? Share your experiences!