“All The Comforts of Home with "They Treat Me Like A Rock Star" Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Opus Hotel

Save Saved
You added Opus Hotel to your Saves list
Opus Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   322 Davie Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 5Z6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free parking
Ranked #5 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
New York City, New York
“All The Comforts of Home with "They Treat Me Like A Rock Star" Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I love the location of Opus, smack in the middle of Yaletown with it's great restaurants and shops aplenty!.
I'll be the 1st to admit, I have stayed here more than a couple times. But with every visit, I am amazed by the level of service, attention to details, and subtle room improvements that seem to be constant at this jewel of a boutique hotel. All of which keeps me coming back for more. Being a business traveler, I know the difference between being marked as a "frequent visitor" or when the service is truly Genuine. Here it is Genuine.

When a waitress YOU don't remember recalls your breakfast favorite, (that is no longer on the menu) and has the chef recreate it for you...THAT'S service!

When a front desk person remembers you like cookies and milk before bed, and sends them up, unasked ...THAT'S service.

Fantastic turn down service that is more than just a mint on your pillow and a folded comforter.

I am just a middle aged business traveler, who wants clean and quiet, and access to fine dining . Here you get that times 10, plus a bit of .....Didn't you once play the drums for Aerosmith?

AWESOME!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

1,210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

Beautifully styled room. Service was fantastic & friendly. Construction made it a little noisy and unsightly outside. Location was bang-on... close to many wonderful restaurants and just about anything else you need. Steps to the seawall.

Brandon Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

From the moment I arrived at the Opus, I felt like the staff was there to take care of me and only me. I drove up and there was already someone outside waiting to greet new guests. He offered to help with our bags and start the check in process. The modern style is comforting, clean and very unique. After checking in I went up to my room and found that they had upgraded me to the top floor with and great view, and little terrace to get some fresh air and a King size bed. The bed was extremely comfortable and made for a great place to relax after a long day of walking around. My favorite thing about the Opus is there commitment to pamper their guests, and the friendly staff. And after that long day of walking around Vancouver, you get to come back to your room turned down. With the lights dimmed, music playing softly and a chocolate mint on your pillow and sets you up for either a relaxing sleep, or a romantic evening with your special someone. My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience at the Opus Hotel. I will definitely be back soon.

Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I have to say - I was so excited to stay here. It was rated one of the top 500 best hotels in the WORLD. But after staying here – I find that VERY hard to believe.

First night we spent walking around and out to dinner. Got back to the hotel around 9pm and soon discovered the pulsating music below. Didn't quite realize how loud it was until we turned off the lights to sleep. Let's just say this - I didn't get to sleep until 4am and was a basket case for the only day I got to spend in Vancouver.

We told them - they seemed surprised as if no one has ever mentioned this to them. They moved us to a room on the 6th floor in the back and we got a sound sleep that night (although I still took two Benadryl just in case).

You can stay here unbothered if your room is higher than the 4th floor and in the back. We were on the 4th floor initially and you can clearly hear the words to the songs and the conversations on the street.

Funny thing: The room service attendant asked if we wanted earplugs - so they obviously know about it!

Also - the rooms for less than $500 are not worth staying in. The room they moved us to was a suite which costs $550 but is not huge by any means. We reserved a $250 - which is normally around $300 - and it was like a coffin.

So all in all - I guess even though they were kind enough to move us - I give it a "poor" rating. Which sucks because it's the only hotel in Yaletown.

Oh well.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Mazatlan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

We were going on a cruise to Alaska and had to stay in Vancouver for a couple of days... I got an excellent deal through Westjet from Mazatlan, Mexico at $76.00 dlls one way with no lay overs. The seats were narrow but who cares for that price!

I was so excited when I got this "no brainer" deal throgh Orbitz! it was $111.00 USD per nite plus taxes. I have heard so much about the Opus Hotel that I could not resist and I booked it.
As we got here there it reminded me of the W hotels and a couple more in Mexico such as Habita Hotel. This means they are trendy and new. All their staff is young, clean cut and good looking no need to say that they are SO very good at what they do! They are very professional and it is a pleasure to be served by their staff. We were even sucked up a room upgrade for $40.00 CAN for a Courtyard Superior Room and it was nice, not that big in space but nice! It had its own fireplace and a decoration to die for.

The only little thing is that EVERYTHING is so overpriced, even higher than Westins, Sheratons, Hyatts and Fairmonts.
Room service was good, very good food but pricey. We had the first night we ordered a Ribe Eye and a plate of Scallops and we didn't get even drinking water or a tray of bread and butter... for over $80.00 CAN I think we deserved at least the bread and butter...
Next morning we had an Eggo Sandwich and Eggs Benedict... again noto even toast and marmalade... for $50.00 CAN
The key for them to make money is that on room service they charge $3.50 CAN plus 15% gratuity and I was not impressed.
Their excuse is that the restaurant is separately operated.

The valet parking is $26.00 CAN per day!!!!!!!!!
Internet is $14.95 CAN per day!!!!!!!!

Therefore, my "NO BRAINER" for $222.00 USD for two nights became after everything was charged to my credit card into almost $600.00 USD for my entire stay...

So this little boutique hotel is very nice and every dime is worth it! however, be prepared to spend per breathe.

seattle,wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Booked one Sat night in Vancouver at this hotel. It was one of the worst nights I have had at a hotel. Room was OK, lobby and staff were OK. Valets were great.

But we got booked into rm 205. What a nightmare. Techno House music all night long until 330am. We were right above their night club. Ridiculous!

I love House Music, dig night clubs, and have been known to see the sun rise - but as a hotel guest, I prefer to have a choice to enjoy these experiences.

I dont know how anyone who could ethically book someone into this room. Its not fair to guests to be a night club and a hotel - or at least not fair to those guest staying above the night club. That is just not right.

There are plenty of other hotels in the city - I would recommend those. If you have to stay here, stay away from the second floor.

What a miserable experience and one I had to pay for.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Ganges, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

The Opus is a very pretty little hotel. The reception is to one side, and a very stylish and comfortable lounge/bar is on the other, somehow mutually exclusive. Walk directly ahead for the 5th Element lighted lifts to take you to your rooms.

Mysteriously, the last two times we have stayed here we were upgraded. The regular rooms are very comfortable; however, the suite is excellent, beautifully appointed (eg tv in the bathtub, even the rainshower should be commended for its water pressure, loads of l'Òccitaine everywhere as well, nice) and very wired in; all the rooms have music ports and wireless.

Most of all - what a staff. These girls and boys are very professional and well trained. My experience is that they have gone above and beyond every request and need we had, in a friendly and Canadian way.

So, thanks Opus. What a relief you`re there.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Opus Hotel? Share your experiences!