“Wedding Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Opus Hotel

You added Opus Hotel to your Saves list
Opus Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   322 Davie Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 5Z6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Wine!
Ranked #6 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
“Wedding Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Checked my brother & his wife into this hotel for their wedding night. Staff & service was excellent.
Manager at the front desk was particularly accommodating. Bride & groom were very happy. I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is my first stay at the Opus Hotel and I my expectations were exceeded in every way. It is located in Yaletown (my first time staying in that part of Vancouver) and I found it to be not too far from the hot spots (we walked everywhere). There are tons of great restaurants minutes away on Hamilton Street (try The Flying Pig). The waterfront is very close which makes for a great view walk. The hotel is also dog friendly (no surcharge either!). The staff was very friendly, valet was fast and efficient, and the hip style of the hotel fit with my tastes. I had a King Deluxe room which was spacious and even had an ipad and mobile phone in the room. The wifi was free. There is no pool but that was not that big of deal to me. I would stay again for sure!

Room Tip: Higher floor room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Hi everyone, if you're reading this review, it's probably because you've read other reviews about this hotel that were just as complementary. I most certainly agree with everyone else about this boutique hotel, it is phenomenal. Let's see, where to start:

1) Guest Services/Concierge - I have to say that the hotel staff (from the front desk to the valet) were incredibly attentive and friendly. They were GENUINE about their hospitality. I've stayed at other hotels where the concierge personnel seem "nice" -- however it shows that it's a requirement of their job. Everyone at the Opus was genuinely nice! Everyone greeted us, had wonderful conversation, remembered details about us, and were able to give excellent recommendations. We were able to ask about restaurants, activities, sights, etc. They notified us that the weekend we came up they were having the fireworks on English Bay. They even told us where to go to get the best view/seats for the show. This is top notch service to me -- and I've stayed at Four Seasons, Sofitel, and other top notch places as well -- nothing matched to this level of genuine hospitality.

Upon our arrival, they sent us a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates (we were there to celebrate our anniversary) to our room, but we also received a glass of sparkling wine upon check in. Even the food service staff took the time to welcome us, thank us for staying with them, and wishing us a happy anniversary. They were very nice and open.

2) Accommodations -- the room we stayed in (executive suite) was an upgrade from our Courtyard Deluxe accommodations (see pictures). The room was just exquisite. We had plenty of room to spread about our things. As another guest noted, the rooms have floor to ceiling windows, which allow for lots of natural light. I love it, however others might be a bit more nervous about people from the building across the street staring into their rooms. They have two types of blinds, one is mesh, while the other is opaque. We kept the mesh blinds 3/4 of the way down in the bathroom to allow natural light in, and to be able to see out. Other folks might choose to have it all the way down. We had a 4 piece washroom which was always clean. In the shower there were 3 wall dispensers (shampoo, conditioner, body wash). Unfortunately my hubby and I were allergic to the body wash -- however in the temporary time we used it, it smelled phenomenal. The heated floors were a great addition on the cool mornings.

The beds were amazingly comfortable. I've slept on many a bed, and generally I prefer extremely firm mattresses, but these were firm, and also had a soft overlay, so it was quite comfortable. The pillows were incredibly soft, and plentiful, so no worries there. There are a ton of outlets everywhere -- they have an ipod/iphone dock next to the bed, however it will work with the older connectors rather than the new lightening chords.

There were tv's in both the living room and the bedroom. We also had an ipad and Samsung phone to use during our stay. This was so helpful, as we used the phone for navigation outside of the hotel. They also were able to tell us how to use it as well (inside the perimeter and outside). The signal in and out of the hotel is great. If you are someone from the state side (or international), it's easy to get wi-fi from almost everywhere in Granville.

All rooms have various themes in them, our room was red. The rooms were also very sound proof. I was afraid I would hear other people or noises, but the rooms are very solidly built.

3) Restaurant -- we only had breakfast at the Opus restaurant (which was included in the package we purchased), it was very good. We had the continental breakfast, which exceeded my expectations. A lot of "continental breakfasts" only include bagels, cream cheese, and pastries. They had various juices, granola, cereal, hard boiled eggs, various pastries, fruit, bread, and bagels. It was more than enough for a delicious start to the day.

4) Activities and food -- I want to mention that there are LOTS of restaurants around the hotel. Everything from pizza (flying pig?) to asian, to fusion, to you name it. Taxi's run consistently in front of the hotel, however the underground is directly caddy corner to the hotel as well if you need it. The hotel has bicycles for rent -- however you should get to them as soon as you can, as they go quickly! If you aren't able to get one from the hotel, there is a bicycle rental that gives discounts if you stay at the hotel -- they are located right down the street (go out of the hotel and make a right -- go approximately 4 blocks down, and you'll see it on the right). There is the seawall that you can walk (or bike around), you can walk to Gasworks, or all around the general vicinity and go boutique shopping.

If you do have any questions about things to do, please do ask the front desk staff, they are SUPER friendly and have all of the information. The General Manager (Nicholas Gandossi), while we never got to meet vis-a-vis, I can tell you runs an incredibly pristine hotel and must really take care of his staff.

Oh, one quick note before I forget, this tip will be very helpful for those not from Canada (stateside or international) -- they exchange currency at the front desk! We wanted to have Canadian currency while there, however the banks were closed at the time we wanted to exchange. We were able to get our funds changed at the front desk (they exchange at about the same rate the banks do -- whatever is the going rate at the end of the day).

Also, we saw many families there. This hotel clearly does cater to children as well. They have a gym there (small by convention), however with lots of equipment available. There is a shower in the gym if you'd rather shower there than go back t your room. They have fruit, towels, and bottled water if needed. The facility was very clean and usable. Lastly, if you have a hybrid, parking is free. I'm not sure if it's all over Vancouver, but I believe it is at the hotel (which was great to know -- even though parking came with our package).

Hope this is helpful to all who plan on staying there. I would DEFINITELY recommend this place to anyone that stays in Granville. Good luck!

Room Tip: Corner rooms give a better view of the outside-street which is lovely, however sometimes it can be r...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear travelling_fishes,

Thank you very much for providing one of the most detailed and thorough reviews we have received. On behalf of the hotel and the entire Trip Advisor community, we truly appreciate the time you took to note, and write down all of the various points that you brought forward. Most importantly, we were thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your overall OPUS experience! Thank you again for your support, and we will look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Nicholas Gandossi
Paoli, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Opus is in a great location across the street from the Yaletown-Roundhouse train station, a couple blocks from the water taxi on False Creek and near the Seawall. Many restaurants in the area. The staff at the front desk and in the bar/restaurant were extremely helpful with recommendations. Take advantage of the bikes available for guests at no charge. Room was modern, clean and spacious. Great shower with soap/shampoo/conditioner at your fingertips. Only area for improvement: bath towels were thin.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you pick another hotel then you're missing out on one of the best hotels in the world. I've stayed at the best in Europe (based on Trip Advisor of course) and I can honestly say that the OPUS is as friendly and as good as the best in Europe. This was my third stay at the Opus, great location, great people and great management.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I really appreciated how when we arrived, the first thing we were offered was a glass of sparkling wine or juice. The check in and out was impressively quick and the staff was friendly. The room was colourful, spacious and clean. In the showers they didn't have the awkward soap bottles, instead they had pumps mounted on the wall with fantastic shampoos and conditioner. The room had a guest i-pad to use and the hotel offered bikes to borrow to cruse around town. The location was fantastic, we loved our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Angela C,
Thanks for choosing OPUS Hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We recently started carrying Malin & Goetz products in our washrooms and have received great feedback from our guests. I am delighted you enjoyed them. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in Vancouver!

Nicholas Gandossi
Comox, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Mother-in-law wins contest - invites us along. Sounds like a comedy plot but, in truth, from the connections from Vancouver Island via Harbour Air to the hotel welcome, local directions and departure - it couldn't have been better. Well, perhaps the pullout bed could have a thicker mattress - but I digress. Welcomed with sparkling wine as we waited briefly for our room - lovely corner suite - the outstanding service continued throughout our visit. Late night bar service was very accommodating, directions to a local late breakfast restaurant gladly given and what a great location in Yaletown!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Opus Hotel? Share your experiences!