“NYE at its finest!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Opus Hotel

You added Opus Hotel to your Saves list
Opus Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   322 Davie Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 5Z6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Wine!
Ranked #5 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“NYE at its finest!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Had a fantastic time at the Opus hotel for new years. Started with a very friendly valet and an easy check in process. The rooms were new age and fun. The location was extremely convenient for cabs and restaurants. Loved the iPads in the rooms and the knock on the door with a fresh ice bucket filled for pre cocktails while getting ready for the night. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Enjoyed 3 days at the Opus. Very nice boutique hotel in the heart of Yaletown, close to transport (Canada line right outside) and short walk to False Creek Aquabus. Very nice rooms, not many hotels have a gas fire in the room and come complete with iPad for your use during your stay. Staff were helpful and friendly, dinner at La Pentola was a highlight of our trip to Vancouver. Would stay again without question!

Room Tip: Go for a courtyard room if you want a quieter room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear RobertC, we wanted to say thank you very much for choosing OPUS Hotel and for posting you comments. We agree with you that nothing beats having your own personal gas fireplace in your guest room to keep you warm and cozy during those winter nights in Vancouver. Hopefully we will get another opportunity in the near future to welcome you back to OPUS!

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The trip started on a high with fantastic service beginning with valet parking, checking in and receiving a welcoming cup of spiced cider. I called in prior to my arrival to request a room on a higher floor based on what I had read about the noise level from outside. The staff member on the phone was very accommodating and blocked off a room for us for our arrival. I have absolutely zero complaints about the service as it was excellent from beginning to end.

My issue with the stay squarely lie on the room itself. My girlfriend and I had a queen size bed that came with one pillow that was fairly soft while the other pillows were extremely hard and oversized. I felt like my head was laying on 2 pillows with zero give, stacked on top of one another. We also had a room facing Madison St. which turned out to be terrible for noise on a Saturday night as we heard people talking/laughing/yelling until the typical late hours of a night out. My final gripe with the room was the lack of a privacy curtain for the big window facing Madison St. We only had a see-through curtain and when we were walking along Madison St. it was very easy to see into the room when a light was turned on. Since I had trouble sleeping from the pillows and noise, by the time I was tired enough where those things didn't matter anymore, it was impossible to block out the upcoming sunlight since there wasn't a thicker light blocking curtain.

I really wanted to like my stay at Opus since the staff is so great and the use of an Ipad helped us with planning, but the fact that I was absolutely exhausted from the lack of sleep really made it tough to say I would want to stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 405 facing Madison St. Could hear noise all night from people outside and there wasn...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear ClintonH, we wanted to thank you for choosing OPUS Hotel and for posting your comments. I was very happy to hear your remarks regarding the excellent service, but wanted to apologize for the poor sleep experience you encountered. Having a proper night sleep is a very important element of every guest stay, and which is why every room comes equipped with a rolling black out blind. To enhance every guest's comfort, we have as well a wide variety of pillows to choose from , ranging in firmness in either foam or feather. Its my hope that you will afford us another opportunity and choose OPUS, at which point if you could contact me directly I will ensure that you have an amazing experience. We will have the pillows of your choice placed in your room, and have the black out curtain set to your preference to ensure a peaceful nights sleep. My email address is ngandossi@opushotel.com or my direct line is 604 694 2102. Thank you again for taking the time to send along your comments and we hope to welcome you back to OPUS in the very near future!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've stayed in the Opus boutique hotel three times and I've been satisfied each visit. The rooms are stylish, clean and comfortable; and the service and Yaletown location are excellent. There are many excellent restaurants nearby (I highly recommend for business or romance the Flying Pig, Rodney's Oyster House and Minami Sushi). All within two blocks of the hotel. The only negative about the hotel is the adjoining restaurant. Fortunately you are in the center of the Yaletown restaurant district. I would also like to make special mention of the amazing coffee shop Artigiano's located next door to the hotel. I was also delighted by the free car service offered by the hotel. The car is a beautiful BMW and the driver on staff is very courteous. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

As soon as I walked in, I was greeted with a warm hello from the staff on hand. The check in was super straight forward, and I was extremely impressed and thankful that they were able to accommodate my early check in. The way they've set up the counter makes for a much more personal service. The girl at the front desk was awesome, and gave me great tips on where to go during my downtime. Since the Opus is located smack-dab in the middle of Yaletown, and totally accessible via the Canada Line it is a perfect choice if you want to me in a middle of the action, and close to other cool neighborhoods.

I walked into the room, and knew I'd made the right choice. Just as most other reviewers have said, the rooms seems like they are little apartments, and not traditional hotel rooms. The bathroom is the perfect size, my room included a tub, and a shower with a rain shower-head. I liked the sliding opaque door to the bathroom, and the pot-lights which made for a sleek design. The bathroom amenities are L'Occitane and have a very pleasant subtle scent.

My room has a fire place, and a one seater, which was great for reading and relaxing. The bed was quite comfortable, and there were different kinds of pillows so it was easy to find the kind that worked for me. The desk was great as it didn't take up too much space, and as expected there was the Ipad which is included in the rooms. Bonus! I booked through the Opus website which meant I has complimentary Internet access - I recommend going this route, as it will save you about $15 a day. For those people who are coffee lovers, you'll appreciate that the coffee maker comes with individually wrapped Starbucks. It's a great way to start the day.

Everything from the check in, to the rooms, the nightly turn-down service, and the check out was great.

I honestly cannot recommend the Opus enough.

Room Tip: By selecting a Courtyard view room, you avoid street noise. Additionally, if you like corner rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

My experience with the Opus Hotel in Vancouver was the best I've had all over the world!! From the moment I arrived, the staff greated me with a smile and used my name throughout the week. Every employee I interacted with was extremely polite and welcoming. I was very impressed!
The room was rather larger for what I thought would be a boutique hotel. The room was so inviting! I felt like I was staying at my very own studio apartment in the city!!
I completed a quick lifestyle survey on their website before arriving. When I got settled in the room, I noticed there was an iPad!! And it was loaded with recommendaitons in the city based on the answers to my quiz! I couldn't believe it!
One of my favorite things, although small, was an employee would come by nightly with a caraf of fresh water for your room. To say I was impressed with the entire experience is an understatement.
I recommend Opus to everyone!!! My favorite hotel stay in all of my travels to date! :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
OPUSHotel, General Manager at Opus Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Melissa P, we wanted to respond and thank you for choosing OPUS, and for passing along your feedback. Your comments highlighting the great level of service and warmth our staff provided was great to hear, and something that we will ensure gets passed along. Hopefully we will get another opportunity in the near future to welcome you back and experience OPUS!

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed here Saturday night. Perfect overnight getaway with my husband. The rooms are really modern and comfortable. Don't feel like you're in a standard hotel room, but that you're staying in a very cool apartment. The location is right smack in the middle of yaletown. We were facing a street with restaurants/bars on it, but didn't notice any noise. All of the staff are very friendly and helpful. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Vancouver.

Room Tip: Great for couples and adults.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Opus Hotel? Share your experiences!