This is a clean hotel with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. We had free parking and a complimentary hot breakfast at the neighbouring pub. It is located off Granville Street in Vancouver's downtown and as we parked an intoxicated man was berating the policemen who were arresting him. Vancouver's downtown has many troubled people and I occasionally checked to see if my car was broken in to. Our room was next to the elevator shaft and stairs and on December 23rd the elevator was broken. From about 5:00 am onwards we were treated to the sounds of people banging their suitcases down the stairs. We told the front desk but they were overwhelmed with complaints from people trying to take their luggage down from the top floors, so our complaint was treated with indifference. I would recommend this hotel if you have the option to stay away from the elevator. Also, I would not want to park overnight at this location again.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel
- Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel Vancouver
- Comfort Inn Vancouver
- Vancouver Comfort Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Downtown is an 82 room boutique-style hotel built in 1908 and situated in the heart of Vancouver's Entertainment district. This 100% smoke free and eco friendly heritage building blends the contemporary designs and the standard Comfort Inn warmth seamlessly amongst the vibrant colors and decor. There is a diverse selection of restaurants and lounges surrounding the hotel within this enlivened neighborhood. As an added benefit our guests receive complimentary VIP access to the on-site Doolin's Irish Pub, The Cellar Night Club and The Roxy Cabaret. Only minutes from countless city attractions such as: BC Place Stadium, Granville Island, the Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre, the University of British Columbia, Grouse Mountain Stanley Park and Vancouver International Airport. The hotel’s central location is the perfect place whether you are spending a night or visiting for a week. A stay at the Comfort Inn Downtown includes the following added benefits:- Complimentary newspapers- Complimentary day passes to Steve Nash Fitness Club- VIP access (advance line/no cover before 10pm) to The Cellar and The Roxy Cabaret A cut above, the Comfort Inn Downtown is currently undergoing full scale property renovations. Scheduled for completion with its revitalized exterior and stylish makeover of the guestrooms, lobby and meeting space March of 2012; the 82 guestrooms convey a charm with a modern décor combined with the utmost in personalized service. Sophisticated and trendy, your experience at the Comfort Inn Downtown will leave you with a feeling of rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.