“Comfort by name comfort by use” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Downtown

You added Comfort Inn Downtown to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   654 Nelson Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 6K4, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #56 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Abbotsford, Canada
“Comfort by name comfort by use”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We recently spent a night in the Comfort Inn. This is a renovated, older building in the entertainment area of Vancouver. Despite this, we found it to be quiet and, yes, comfortable.
The staff was very accommodating and pleasant. The room was very clean, however, the view let a lot to be desired. It overlooked an alley with the opposite building a hostel of some sort. despite this we would not hesitate to stay there again. The complementary breakfast was extensive and served in the adjoining Irish pub.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6046054333, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hi Alan P,

Thank you for your review! Yes, we are very proud that we can offer guests a great (central) location and a quiet experience in the rooms. We hope to see you on your next visit to Vancouver!

Comfort Inn Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

To begin, this is downtown Vancouver... don't expect a quiet, serene atmosphere outside. It is what it is.
However... this hotel was as security conscious as I've ever seen. Hotel parking is right outside the lobby windows. The elevator only works with a room card.
Our room (206) was an 'end' room.. so not near the elevator/ice machine area. If hotel schematics are true to form, don't get a room ending in '01'.. caveat emptor.
The room itself was clean, passed the 'bedbug check', and though others have said it was small, it was quite adequate! The room was 'L-shaped' and the couch and wardrobe area provided a nice 'staging' spot. ;)
I have read that it was 'Too noisy!", but they have a double window system that, if used, practically makes the room sound-free.
The staff was SOOO helpful! And is even mailing back my daughters phone charger she left behind.
The complimentary breakfast was pretty extensive and plentiful. Something for everyone! Even a self-serve fresh waffle bar! Some have said it was odd having the breakfast in the pub, but I found it quaint! It's a beautiful pub!
The bed.. I wanted to stuff in my suitcase :)
There's a mini-fridge.. but no microwave or leftovers (darn it!).
Loved the location! We were close to everything we wanted to see! Granville Island, Stanley Park, Gastown, and Robson Street.
All in all.. a delightful stay!
Front-desk favorite? Chris, he was as nice as can be! Even pointed us to a local vegetarian restaurant (for my daughter) that wasn't on our radar!

Room Tip: The higher the room number, the quieter the side...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hi jr3311,

Thank you for your review! I am happy really happy that you received your daughters phone charger, and I am always happy to recommend some of the local favorites.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just spent 2 nights at the Comfort Inn, as a wheelchair user I was warned not great accessibility well as long as I accessed throught the bar it had level access and the one bedroom suite accommodated my wheels and family. Jesse, manager went above and beyond for service coming out in the pouring rain to move a sign in the parking lot so I could park - Thank you! All the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was well set up - we would love to stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi somo123,

Thank you for your review! I will definitely pass along your comments to Jesse!

Tyne & Wear, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Just come back from a 4 day stay in Vancouver after staying in Seattle for 5 days. The Comfort inn does exactly what it says on the tin. Comfortable bed, plenty of room, shower nice and hot and the "slight" downer is the view if you room is at the back as you are right next door to the Backpackers hotel. Don't mean to be snobbish about that but when you look out on to a multiple array of bunk beds and clothes hanging all over the room, I think you get my drift. Each to their own and whatever you can afford is fine by me. Only real niggle was the breakfast at the pub next door, Doolin's. Breakfast was Ok to a point but cold plates and air conditioning turned on when the weather outside is raining and only 10 c, please give me a break. A hot breakfast is supposed to be hot, not lukewarm. Hotel location is fine, nice and central for everywhere but look out for the down and outs around the town. They'll give you very good advice for getting round town for a few dollars and cents.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi siziji55,

Thank you for your review, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I am really sorry that you had a poor experience with our breakfast. We have received a few negative comments (similar to yours), because of this feedback we have completely revamped the breakfast in the hotel.
Again, I want to thank you for your review,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were nice and the staff was honest and helpful. The positives extras was the breakfast at the Irish pub and the location for night entertainment. Pub was bumping on Wednesday night, my dad loved it. The breakfast was also good at the pub in the morning. Yeah the egg thing sucked, but they have tea and oatmeal fruit waffle and such which is a good touch. The parking is also free which might be the biggest plus of them all for Vancouver. The negative was the wifi, the first night it was absolutely terrible. Other times it was slow and would boot you off which is frustrating. I scooped the very low end of the price range so I'd say 4 star deal for me but if I paid more its dropping to average quick.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello Cursive9,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast! Concerning the internet, with the increasing demand for WiFi, we are planning some major changes to the system which should not only increase signal strenght but also bandwith. This should be improved in the next short while. I hope this did not affect your stay.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Well located downtown about 100 yards from the Backdoor of the Vogue theatre were I was working. The bar is ok and open late Free Internet which is reasonably fast. Small but pleasant rooms. Breakfast was included in my rate and was ok except for hot bacon and eggs that were pretty bad. Great staff though. Been their twice and happy to stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Hi Jon b,

Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Vancouver!

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Downtown (Vancouver) for about 5 days. Overall it was alright but I have a number of issues, first with the staff at the front desk, who were not very helpful (except for the gentleman that deals with wifi issues, bless him). The rooms do not really have good views at least on the 2nd floor which was where I stayed, the wifi does not work and so in this day and age one has to connect with wires from the wall which means you cannot use your laptop from the bed. There was also a lot of noise at night coming from God knows where, and when I reported to one of the night staff they treated me like I was out of my mind. The last blow - when I first checked into the hotel the total amount for the entire stay was taken from my account and 'held' for the transaction to be completed upon check out, and on the last day of check out I paid up using my card. However when I got back to my country I realized after a few days that the hotel had deducted the amounts twice from my account, which means the initial amount that was held on the first day, and the final account upon checkout were both taken. I am still waiting for this to be resolved a week later, but this has been quite an inconvenience.

The location is however great to get to different places, though the homeless people around there make it a bit scary to walk at night. The rooms are also very clean.

I would maybe look around before staying here again, and would definitely pay by cash or give my card only once - upon check out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
6046054333, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Downtown, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Hi Mimi M,

I really appreciate your comments—feedback like this really helps us at the hotel. I am really sorry that your experience at the hotel was not excellent. The internet system is currently being revamped, we hope that this will be complete in the next several months—which will give a stronger signal in all of the guest rooms. We have also been in close contact with several credit card providers in order to get to the problem of this billing issue. I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Concerning staff issues, what you have outlined is completely unacceptable. We will be addressing your concerns, not only with those specific staff members, but with the staff as a whole. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority, and again, I apologize for that experience. We will strive to better ourselves in this regard, and we hope that you will allow us to redeem ourselves for your next visit to Vancouver.

Guest Services Team
Comfort Inn Downtown

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!