“Castle fit for Royalty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

You added Fairmont Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2W6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20% on Room & Dining
Ranked #35 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Grand Cayman
“Castle fit for Royalty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Service here makes you feel like royalty the moment you approach the doors. Nothing really is no trouble for them. The building is big and grand and beautiful,worth a walk through even if you are not staying. They have moved the dining area to the Roof while they re-fit the main entrance. Traffic flow and Valet parking is complicated now, with one-way street systems meaning you have to drive around the blocks to get your car to the right side of the building. They say the Roof is a temporary spot for the restaurant - it is very new and fresh, and light, with a wonderful view- my guess is they will keep it there! I did like the old fashioned 'Palm Court' feeling of the old one though.
Their Gold level is sumptuous. The fluffiest of duvets and pillows. Opulent and refined decor. Delicious nibbles in the lounge, and an extra special breakfast buffet. Peacefully away from the madding crowds.
Not to be 'picky' especially but the bathroom we had was on the small side, with nowhere to put your wash bags. I've always thought the Fairmonts had wonderful bathrooms so perhaps this is just that this is the oldest building and that was how they were built back then. There would have been a few more coat hangers in the closet too, my husband used up most of them before i got to unpack!
A lovely Spa. Some very high end shops and on the street level so you can window shop without going outside if its raining. Plenty of umbrellas to loan, and a service car for short trips available on a first come basis. The central locations means you can pretty much walk to most of the important central city spots .
If you don't want to even think about where to stay down town Vancouver then here takes away all the stress and guarantees a very pleasant visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We are always pleased to stay at The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, and especially the Gold Floor. The service team is outstanding, and they seem to anticipate our needs---and they remember things from the last visit. The hotel is undergoing some renovations, and it is a little tired. The hot lights for breakfast on the Gold Floor --- there must be a better way of doing things as the eggs seem to harden right up. The hot tub definitely needs cleaning, All in all, an enjoyable stay, and very Fairmont.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Pitt Meadows, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Needless to say the title sums it up. I have stayed at Fairmont Hotels before and was expecting this one to be just as good as the others. Sadly it was not. The staff were bored with guests and didn't seem to want to talk to you for a second longer then required so were very abrupt. The rooms were musty and dated, the hotel is a heritage property but that's no reason for the moth ball smell that seeped into everything in the room.

There are much nicer places for the same price in the same area. Go there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontVan, Director of Operations at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear liveandtimes,

I am sorry to hear that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. Having stayed at other properties, you’ve no doubt experienced firsthand the service and quality that comes with the Fairmont name. It sounds like you had an extremely unusual encounter with our staff, which guests regularly cite as one of the bright points of their stay. Please accept my apologies for making you feel anything other than welcomed and appreciated. If there is anything I can do at this time to begin the process of earning back your trust, please let me know.

Yours Sincerely,

Sunny Joseph
Director of Operations
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Classic recently updated. Great staff. Located within walking distance to great restaurants, shopping, the water front and sporting venues. Art museum is across the street. Have lunch on the patio. Ask Neil the Concierege.

Room Tip: The king rooms were great. Neil the concierege was outstanding. He deserves a raise!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Mission, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed downtown on March 15 -16th for a business event I had to attend. I stayed at the Fairmont, having never stayed at this brand of hotels before. I don't really have a single complaint. All I have to say are positive things about this hotel. There was valet parking, the guys were really pleasant when I drove up, and pleasant upon leaving. When we were greeted at the desk to check in, I was with a colleague and the lady automatically asked if we'd like our room changed from a King to two Queens, and I really appreciated not having to ask really, and we she was able to change it no problem.

When we got to our room, I really noticed right away how high the ceilings were. We stayed only on the 2nd floor as our hotel was fairly booked for this work conference, and I think the last minute change downgraded us a few floors. This is the floor where the health club and pool were at. It definitly smells chloriney when you get off the elevator, but once you are in your room you can't smell a thing.. Anyway the ceilings were very high giving you a great illusion of space - some hotel rooms feel clausterphobic, this hotel room felt like a mini condo ! Esp if you consider Vancouver space standards lol.. The bathroom was nice, modern and clean, we are two ladies getting ready for a fancy event though, and the counter space in the bathroom was lacking a bit, and with the only mirror inside the hotel room being on the back of the bathroom door it created some finagling with makeup and things, but not a big deal really.
The beds were amazing, and luxurious, could have stayed in them all day.
The window could open about four inches which was really nice to have fresh are come in. The in-room safe is quite large compared to other hotels I've seen and we got two white terry cloth robes as well to use, and a good selection of hangers in the closet.

Upon check out the next day, parking was good until 5pm, and check out is at 12pm. We wanted to do some shopping, and were offered that they hold our bags at the Porters until we return to go..again this was offered and much appreciated service, and was very secure... We left our bags with the porter and returned after shopping the rest of the afternoon on Robson and Pacific Centre.
You're a stones throw away from lots of shopping, restaurants, and the water if you wish in Vancouver. Very well appointed hotel and would love to return.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights with our family of 2 adults and 2 kids on our way to Whistler in January on the Gold Level. Fantastic location right in the heart of town in a lovely historic building.

Our room was very comfortable and quiet, the wifi was good (and complimentary if you join the Presidents Club) and we had a nice city view.

The staff on the gold level were really fabulous - nothing was a problem and they also helped us with restaurant bookings and general information. Our son celebrated his birthday while we were here and staff arranged a card and cake for him - a nice touch.

The lounge was great with complimentary soft drinks and hot drinks ( alcoholic drinks had to be paid for.....), as well as breakfast and snacks in the evening. It was a lovely place to go and sit (especially as we were all sharing a room!).

The boys loved the gorgeous hotel dogs, Mavis and Beau too.

Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Gold level-worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I was recently at the hotel on a business trip.

The rooms are gorgeous, and clean. I usually experience allergies when staying in hotels, but this time, I didn't have to take Reactin once during my 3-night stay. The fitness room is great, but the odour of chlorine from the pool forced me to cut my run short after 10 minutes.

On the other hand, I was told by my reservation agent that if I signed up for their president's club, I'd get free internet. Unfortunately, it didn't work to get me in, and front desk wasn't too helpful. Paying $11/day is not something I'm willing to do. Thankfully, there are several places around that offer wifi.

The location can't be beat - very close to Vancouver City Centre skytrain, the Pacific Mall, Vancouver's waterfront... It's awesome!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Fairmont Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!