“Five stars for a great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

You added Fairmont Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2W6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 10% on Room & Dining
Ranked #32 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
Kincardine, Canada
“Five stars for a great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The service at this hotel in the Fairmont Gold guest room, was excellent. The staff were very attentive and the room was extremely comfortable and quiet. The extras such as tea in the afternoon and "goodies" in the evening were a nice touch. The addition of the "greeter" Mavis (a lovely golden Labrador) was a real treat. We would recommend staying here.especially since it's so close to everything. We stayed four nights and wished it could have been more. Gail W

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Preston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. The location is great, we walked to all the attractions. Went up the Vancouver Tower. Great city views and lots of information. Walked to Stanley Park in 20 mins. The hotel is very clean and the staff were great. The room was large, great bed and quiet. The food was good but a little expensive. Try the chicken wings in the piano bar, delicious. One thing we disliked that was nothing to do with the hotel was how busy the surrounding area was on a Friday night. Walked down to chinatown, i would not go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed at this property as part of a large conference group. The entire conference was held on site from accommodations to meals to a gala ball. Although the hotel itself is older, the room was spacious and well appointed with all amenities. The hotel location was excellent and close to major attractions. The staff was courteous and very helpful to all of my requests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear murtle264,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that you we had the opportunity to host you and your conference at our iconic hotel for your special occasion.
Your kind words will be shared with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to our “Castle in the heart of the city” in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Sunny Joseph
Director of Operations
Kent, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver for a night with my cousins as a weekend trip from Seattle. We had our car valeted—which was really easy. As I approached the front desk, I checked in with ease. The lady even recognized me—which was odd because I have never stayed at this particular Fairmont ever. Apparently she recognized me from when I stayed at the Fairmont Pacific Rim a couple weeks prior. I had no idea front desk clerk works between all of the Fairmont properties

I go to my room, wow—it's small. Compared to the Pacific Rim, these hotels at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver are probably half the size! Decoration, I wouldn't say is outdated, but classic and ornate. I even got a welcome note and chocolate covered strawberries—nice! I still wished that the room size was bigger. We stayed in the Fairmont Room, which I believe is their standard room. I LOVE the beds that they have at the Fairmont properties—so comfortable and plus, I would argue that it's the best I've ever slept in!

Since I'm a President's Club member, I got free wifi—so if you're not already a member, join! It's free.

The bathroom—it was clean. The weird part I noticed is that the flusher that's part of the toilet looked like the flusher in a public toilet. You know, the one with the metal lever. I didn't like that.

Since it was a short stay, I wasn't able to check out the pool or had close experiences with the service—so I can't speak to that. But overall, it's a solid hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

A boutique hotel within the hotel, the Gold Floor is always charming and relaxed. The rooms are lovely and there are several different sizes and layouts from which to choose. From the time you arrive at your seperate check in you feel welcome. Step past the desk into the lounge and you are embraced by a delicious calm that belies the (excellent) city centre location. Here you are surrounded by soft music, warm and comfortable decor and the hospitality that is Fairmont Gold. There are always goodies to eat and drink available in the lounge (try the maple tea). There are canapés served every evening which are delicious and varied enough to find something you enjoy. Breakfast in the morning is also not to be missed. All in all, a lovely retreat, with the best part being the excellent service. Our little one loves to stay and always feels like a princess the entire time, right down to the tiny toddler robe and little surprises, like bath letters that spell out her name.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our family stayed here for 2 nights and were very happy with our stay. The room was clean and comfortable as you would expect from the Fairmont. The location was also great, nearby to Robson Street for all the restaurants and shops, and not far from Gastown or other neighbourhoods.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Gypsy25,
I thank you for your lovely comments from your recent stay. I am delighted that your experience was so enjoyable and rest assured your kind words will be shared with our colleagues here at the hotel. I am delighted to have such a great team here at “Vancouver’s Castle in the City”.
It is my sincere wish that we have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future should your travels bring you back to our wonderful city.

Kind regards,

Sunny Joseph
Director of Operations
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Good sized room for the price. The hotel is older and the decor for the most part of the time. But that is what one should expect of this hotel as this is how it is presented. It is clean and the staff were all very friendly. No one walked by without a smile or hello. Overall a nice hotel and 4-4.5 star rating would be appropriate.

Room Tip: A presidents club card helps with upgrades to larger room. Long walk to some rooms so if that is an...