“summerpittmeadows-susan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

You added Fairmont Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2W6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save 10% on Room & Dining
Ranked #32 of 96 Hotels in Vancouver
pitt meadows
“summerpittmeadows-susan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel is fabulous. Every year we (myself and several girlfriends) go to Vancouver for my birthday. This year we went to the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. I was a lucky girl this year as
my nephew works there. He booked us in 3 rooms and one of them had an adjoining suite with
an extra full bathroom, kitchenette, dining room, living room with couch, comfy chairs, fireplace (I don't know if it works but it looked nice). This was a great party room. We spent most of the time (all 7 of us) in the room with champagne, dipped strawberries, and cake. We also had dinner at Griffins restaurant and the meal was so good. I would recomend the mixed grill and what was so nice with this meal was the desert bar was included in the price. It was so good that we went back and had a very nice breakfast. The hotel was decorated for Christmas and it was beautiful with all the trees etc. The rooms were very spacious and the beds were nice
and comfortable (bedding very luxurious.). We all thanked my nephew and reminded him that we do this every year...! Pacific Center is just a block away, the museum is across the street - very central to all you need.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your delightful feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that you chose to with us, and I am equally delighted that you were able to experience the hotel in its festive layout. I will be sharing your comments with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to our “Castle in the heart of the city”, in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Andre Zotoff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel that is upscale and right in the heart of Vancouver---the Fairmont is one to consider. They have just about anything that you could ask for----from the DASHING DOORMAN who will meet you on arrival and check to make sure that you get where you need to be as quick as possible---- to the fact that if you are a single lady and feel like you need an escort they actually have trained companion dogs that will accompany you for a walk. The rooms are beautiful and very much old english. The hotel is in the midst of a complete overhaul on all of the guest rooms. The work being done was not a drawback in any way. With this location you are just a few blocks from the cruise terminal with all of its sights. Shopping is everwhere . Plenty of super resturants in the area also. Very nice place.

Room Tip: if you want a room with a view-----be sure you check before one is assigned to you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
150 Mile House, B.C. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We've stayed here a number of times & always a treat. Even tho' it is one of the oldest in Vancouver, it has been so well renovated over the years. We had a small suite as we had an upgrade certificate compliments of the Fairmont Presidents Club. Rooms are very large, separate bedroom with king bed which is oh so comfortable. Staff very friendly & helpful. Probably only downside is that the overnight parking is very expensive but guess that is the price for staying in downtown Vancouver. This hotel is very central to restaurants & shopping as well as art galleries, Vancouver library & venues for various shows (live & movies) & the Rogers Arena for sports etc. A great place to stay

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We were booked to stay at the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel between 28 Nov and 5 Dec 2012. My friend living in Vancouver for 20 odd years said this hotel was special because it was the oldest hotel in town, and clearly a signpost in downtown and shelter for many VIP visitors. We were very excited by the prospect of staying in such a place. And that's what happened next ...
When we arrived on the 28th night, we were told they were overbooked and we would be moved to a sister hotel - we reacted with facial expressions that were self-explanatory. Unpacking and packing and moving again ... Nevertheless the staff sounded caring and confident everything will be alright. We spent one night at Fairmont Waterfront, which was fairly modern and nice. The next morning we had a nice walk along the waterline, and then having checked out from the temporary place, were taken by taxi (we were given a voucher!) back to Vancouver Hotel. There, a nice surprised awaited us. We got an upgrade to the holiest of the holy - Fairmont Gold, the night floor, hotel in the hotel. Here everything was provided self-contained. Wonderful breakfasts, all day lounge, superb room service. We were also given a nice treat - a gift card worth $100 CAN. Every day we enjoyed the pleasures of the fitness centre and swimming pool - these were practically empty after 8am. And although the weather was very Vancouverian in december - i.e. rain was on daily diet - the warmth of our 9th floor was always there. The staff on the floor and all sorts of extras such as two golden retrievers, Mavis and Bo, were wonderful and entertaining. Full thumbs up!

Room Tip: Our advice is a bit funny: Try to get there when they are overbooked - you'll have a great chanc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at our “Castle in the heart of the city”. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and via the overbooking situation, have had an opportunity to experience some of our sister properties in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel, when next your travels bring you to our fair city.

Yours sincerely,

Andre Zotoff
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My best friend and I decided to stay in town while our spouses are out of town watching games. As soon I told this to the front desk agent, she upgraded us to a higher floor with the best view of the Vancouver Art gallery's court yard. They even gave us discount for the spa and the breakfast. I think this is the best surprised for us. I feel so sorry that I forgot her name. But all the way, the staff are very nice and the service was excellent. We will come back for sure. thank u.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Very nice downtown hotel. Staff throughout is excellent, especially the Gold Floor staff. Great beds, pillow concierge (!), nice extra touches throughout the property. On this trip the hotel is beautifully decorated for the holidays.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Burnaby, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My room was quite pretty and as a gift for our wedding night this past August, it was pretty cool! That old classic room feel ( but plugs hidden in the antique looking desk to plug in your computers/phones was cute) super plushy bed was lovely. Bathrooms... Ok. The view from our room was great, right onto a Vancouver Main Street strip. I did expect a little more glam, but that was ok.

The part that I didn't like which drove my rating down was that me and my new husband had to stand there about 20 mins just to talk to the front desk (me in my big ball gown still and him in his tux!) no apologies, well be just with you or anything. Maybe I just expected better treatment considering it was obviously a wedding night! We finally get our room key, make it upstairs, go down a super long hall ( might not have been THAT long... I had a long day..) and tried several times to open the door before someone inside called out. They'd given us the wrong room/ key. So my husband had Togo back down etc to sort it out.

The staff was friendly and courteous on our way out and the atmosphere of the place was charming and really cool.

Room Tip: Ask what street the windows face and what kind of view to expect! Don't settle... You've pai...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear guest,
Firstly, congratulations on your recent nuptials!
Please accept my sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experiences at our “Castle in the City”. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but must say I am disappointed to learn of your experiences at check-in. I am following up with my team to review our processes for areas to improve.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Happy Holidays!

Sunny Joseph
Director of Operations

Been to Fairmont Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!