“All that glitters is gold..Fairmont Gold” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

Save Saved
You added Fairmont Hotel Vancouver to your Saves list
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 2W6, Canada (Downtown)   |
Ranked #35 of 97 hotels in Vancouver
Seattle
“All that glitters is gold..Fairmont Gold”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Several of my team had the pleasure of staying on the Fairmont Gold floor last week. The staff was wonderful and all the amenities were both tastfully presented and very good quality. It is a great way to ensure a comfortable stay in Vancouver!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

1,262 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
Fircrest, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (BC) bills itself as a classy, historic hotel. Not classy, just overpriced. Not historic, just tired. After my first stay I wouldn't return. Maybe the $8 bottle of water should have been a tip-off. Windows on one side of the hotel were covered with plastic for facade repairs so we couldn't see out at all. No price consideration given for this. No offer to place us in another room. Room was nothing special. Hotel meals were very good but way overpriced. No real value here.

Room Tip: Bring lots of cash. And be sure to make sure your room has a window you can see out of!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HotelVan, General Manager at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments relating to your recent stay. I would be very appreciative of the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail, my email address is sunny.joseph@fairmont.com.

I hope to have the opportunity to speak to you soon.

Sunny Joseph
Director of Operations
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Hotel Vancouver has the look and feel of the classic Fairmont hotels in Canada. It is centrally located with a wonderful lobby and bar where you can sit back and relax. Our room was upgraded at no charge. The King size bed was very comfortable . The room was large but the bathroom was surprisingly small. The only mirror was in the bathroom which was awkward unless you are traveling solo.

• Stayed November 2012
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stay here whenever I'm in Vancouver. The old-world ambience is warm and welcoming. They even have doggie ambassadors in Mavis and Beau, who keep me company. Talk about service! They go the extra mile every time, even helping me sell event tickets to another regular guest when I found I had unexpected extras. Thank you!

Room Tip: I've only stayed on the Gold floor, which is comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
New Westminster, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was very excited to have a reservation for a room on the Gold Level with my wife for our wedding night.
It is located in the heart of downtown, which is perfect if you want to enjoy the city.
But the use of the hotel room for a freshly married couple is more to have a fantastic and romantic night in a breathtaking room.
Anyways, we were quite disappointed after seeing the room - It was not even average and the promised view was missing. For approx. 500$ a night I expected way more than just an average room... The promised bowl of chocolate-dipped strawberries was counting 4 mid-sized strawberries. Well, some people say quality over quantity, but I think it should be a perfect combination of both!!!
My wife and I checked out the pool and sauna. More disappointment to come:
The pool was filled with kids, it was dirty and so was the jacuzzi.
Enjoying the sauna was also different, as those are separated for men and women.
After seeing the breakfast which was included, my wife and I decided to check out and go somewhere else.
Well, I will not return!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
I would like to extend my thanks to you for sharing your feedback. It is through constructive responses such as yours that we are better able to serve you in the future. I was distressed to hear you had a less than satisfactory visit . If you would be willing, I would be very appreciative of the opportunity to discuss your stay in greater detail, my email address is sunny.joseph@fairmont.com.

I hope to have the opportunity to speak to you soon.

Sunny Joseph
Director of Operations
Toronto,Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was at a conference at the hotel. Big comfy room but no view which is a sad thing in Vancouver.
Great location, decent service. It's an older hotel with classic styling and furniture.
TV was a flat screen. Didn't open the mini bar.
It was alarming when I found someone in my closet installing a safe...I'm glad that they're improving their services, but not on my time when my closet has my suits in it...the letter appeared in my room the next day outlining that someone "could" be in my room doing just that...but I was not informed of that before hand.
The bar gives a good effort, they sent me a complimentary bottle of local beer. A bit pricy, but what do you expect downtown Vancouver.
Not bad, not the best, but great location...no major complaints...if it fits your budget and like the chain...go nuts...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Very Elegant and Charming. Fabulous beds......like falling into a Dream! The staff are quite helpful and really go out of their way to make you feel special. Shuckers has amazing food and the Dining Room is a special place to eat...Right downtown, close to shops and everything you need to make this a wonderful get away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairmont Hotel Vancouver? Share your experiences!