“Fun Way to Learn” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 197 Activities in Vancouver
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Photowalks are a great way to see our beautiful city, learn and practice the basics of photography, and get out of the automatic setting on your camera! In two hours, we cover exposure, ISO, shutter speed, aperture, composition and basic portraiture. Let's be honest though, it's also a ton of FUN! Lead by a professional photographer, participants are given tools, and an opportunity to explore a popular area (Science World, Convention Centre, English Bay, Coal Harbour, Gastown, Kitsilano or Granville Island) with their cameras, and are given small learning objectives. Introductory classes are offered during the day, and low-light classes in the evening.
New Westminster
17 attraction reviews
“Fun Way to Learn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Even if you have had your camera for years, you will learn something new. Suzanne is a great teacher, she easily adapts to the needs of individuals in the group and ensures you get what you need. Highly Recommended.

Visited July 2013
feelingphotosuz, Owner at Vancouver Photo Walks, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thank you so much for the review and recommendation! I'm delighted that you learned things about your camera and felt that the class was adapted for individual needs, both basic and beyond. Thanks again and happy shooting!

Vancouver, Canada
“Fabulously Fun and Educational”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The photo walk was educational and good fun. Suzanne is a great teacher, clarified many aspects of photography and my camera for me while expertly handling the varying levels of experience of the 'walkers' in my group. Can't wait to try another location and learn more! Thank you! -Karen S

Visited July 2013
feelingphotosuz, Owner at Vancouver Photo Walks, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi there,
Thanks for the review. It's great to remind people that photowalks are helpful at a variety of photographic skill levels, not just beginners! Thanks, and I hope to see you again!
Suzanne
“Vancouver Photowalks Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Highly Recommended! We had a great afternoon shooting the sights around Victory Park. Susanne had a lot of tips that helped me get more familiar with my camera.

Hi!
Thank you for posting your fabulous pictures! You joined us for our summer special "Hidden History Photowalk" with Forbidden Vancouver! Awesome. We focus on composition and contrast on these walks, since we're also learning about the history of Vancouver. I'm so happy you learned some useful tips about photography, and I'd love to see you again soon.
Suzanne
Vancouver, Canada
“Cheerfully guides you beyond the auto setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Suzanne meets you where you are and encourages you each step of the way, cheerfully and positively. She got me over the hump of being intimidated by my camera. I'm less insecure about what I'm doing and more hopeful and confident I can take good shots beyond the auto setting. I'm still straddling the fence between auto and manual but she helped me throw my leg over and hopefully I'll hop over the other side soon. Like a good friend would be, she's patient, kind and just boils it down for you. She's adaptable and entertained any question I had and we still finished on time. Watch the video, as it gives you an idea of your time together. Wish I lived here so I could take more of her classes!

Hi,
Thank you for the review! Photography is definitely a journey rather than a destination, and my goal with Vancouver Photowalks is to help people get closer to where they want to be. I'm delighted that you are now closer to manual than before...and if your goal is use your camera in full manual, come back before you leave! :)
Thank you!
Los Angeles
40 attraction reviews
“Really Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am a beginner in photography and Suzanne was super patient and helpful. It was also a great tour around the downtown area and got to see a few tourist highlights in the area. If you want tips on how to take better pictures, use the functions on your camera, and improve composition, this class is fantastic. Suzanne is very knowledgable about DSLR cameras and a great teacher. Would highly recommend this to locals or visitors!

Visited July 2013
suzrushton, Owner at Vancouver Photo Walks, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
I'm so happy you not only had a great time but also learned things about photography and your camera! I'm all about efficiency and love combining experiences, entertainment and education. Thanks for your stellar review, I certainly hope to see you again sometime. Happy shooting!!