“Creative and tasty food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hawksworth Restaurant

Hawksworth Restaurant
801 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 1P7, Canada (Downtown)
+1 604-673-7000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hawksworth Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 2,846 Restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Pacific Rim, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Howe Street
Transit: Bus Stops are located on Howe Street and on Georgia. We are also located one block west of the City Centre Canada line station.
Description: A celebration of Vancouver’s cultural diversity and natural environment Hawksworth Restaurant showcases ingredient led, contemporary cuisine that demonstrates the highly skilled technique and relentless drive for perfection that has become Chef David Hawksworth’s trademark.Glamorous and elegant, yet relaxed and welcoming with warm and attentive service, Hawksworth Restaurant is located in the heart of the city at Georgia and Howe Streets within the legendary Rosewood Hotel Georgia.Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with in bar dining menus and its own private room, Hawksworth can deliver an array of dining experiences from power breakfasts to after-work drinks, to formal gala events.
Vancouver, Canada
“Creative and tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have had lunch a few times at Hawkesworth and the service and food is excellent. I have had their salmon and sable fish and it is cooked perfectly. I had the lamb curry the other day and it was delicious. The portions are not huge but well balanced and the presentation is superb. The food is a feast for e eyes as well as the taste buds.

I highly recommend this restaurant for the culinary experience. It is busy and can get noisy but its worth it and part of the experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vernon
“Tasty food, don't miss the Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was looking forward to our dinner at Hawksworth so much I didn’t eat much between breakfast and dinner. So when it came to eat my wife and I were hungry. The sommelier came over, we told him what we were having and he recommended a really nice Granacha from Spain. Borsao Picos. It was perfect. I’m usually a little hesitant to use a sommelier but he was super nice and helpful. I could have easily ordered another bottle. My wife started with the scallops for an appetizer and the lamb for a main. The scallops were awesome, delicate, sweet, tender and perfectly cooked. The lamb was moist, and flavourful. I had the appetizer of the night which was a salmon Tar Tar. Very fresh, subtle and tasty. It kind of reminded of me of a poke but much lighter flavour. I had the duck. It was tasty but not that hot. Weirdly enough the plate was really warm but the duck was not. The rest of the meal was good but I think I would try something else next time I go. We split a chocolate rum coffee desert which I was little disappointed in. It’s kind of a parfait type dessert which I found foamy and bland. The service was good without being stiff and all the staff had helpful suggestions. The room was nice, more comfortable than memorable. We were in the middle section with a table against the window. It was nice.

The real treat for me was the bar. We had some time to kill after dinner so we wandered over to the bar for a drink after dinner. I asked the barman to suggest something and he offered to make me a Sazerac. It was awesome. It’s a whiskey type drink but the process to making it was truly fascinating. It involved a couple of glasses, a mister, a shaker and a few quality checks. Truly impressive. If you order one, make sure you get to watch them make it.

I would go again and I would recommend it to friends, my only complaint was there could have been more food on the plate but then I went in there really hungry. It was a lot of different small tastes on the plate where I would have appreciated more of a few tastes. My only other complaint would be I had to restrain myself from ordering more.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Chic and trendy, but not intimidating.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We are usually dubious about the quality of restaurants attached to hotels, since they don't always seem to have to try as hard as free-standing restaurants. However, Hawksworth didn't seem to take anything for granted. The dining rooms were glitzy and there was a nice buzz. The tables are close together and the noise level can get a bit loud. The place was packed at 8pm on a Thursday night, and it took about 15-minutes past our reservation time before we could be seated. The server was knowledgable about the menu, and it was disappointing that all of the specials were already sold out. However, the menu was varied enough that there were many tempting items, all of which were beautifully presented. The food seemed fresh and clean, and the kind of dishes that we expect when we eat in Vancouver. The patrons were a mix of younger and older, couples and groups. Women would not look out of place in a flirty dress, while most of the men were wearing expensive jeans and shirts. We have eaten in many award winning restaurants and Hawksworth is on par with their peers.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Romantic and chic dining....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

In a room that sparkles with modern chandeliers and stark, clean furnishings, it is a black and white landscape for a 'date-night' kind of a dinner.
Yes, it is expensive, and a bit pretentious...but if someone wants to make an impression, this is the place.
We sat at a prized table( 41), which is in one of the least noisy areas...fronting a gas fireplace that runs the length of the room.
After several days of eating only fish at some of Vancouver's best restaurants ...I opted for chicken, which was beautifully presented...a swath of chestnut puree and fresh cranberries ( very autumn-like).
My husband started with veloute of lobster ( could have used some more pieces of lobster, actually), and had the sablefish for his main dish...which was more about the presentation, than the actual taste of the fish itself.
It was a restaurant experience more Manhattan than Vancouver,...maybe more intense than really necessary, but a lovely evening,nonetheless.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Average Breakfast/Brunch for price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Was expecting top notch quality with the reputation. Breakfast items such as bacon,sausages were mediocre;miniscule amount of Sablefish with my Benedict though the eggs were done nicely soft as ordered. Coffee served can be acidic for some so ordered Americano's but then you won't get refills. Pastries were ok. Service good as expected
Haven't tried for lunch or dinner yet so look forward to that but for Breakfast would go elsewhere for same price range. Agree with previous comments about noise acoustics being a little loud even at brunch time