“Klahowya Village! What a wonderful place to visit!” 5 of 5 stars

Vancouver Trolley Hop-on Hop-off Tour
Ranked #33 of 150 Attractions in Vancouver
Type: Historic Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in the heart of Vancouver's beautiful Stanley Park, Klahowya Village immerses visitors in British Columbia's fascinating and thriving Aboriginal cultures. Travel through the forest on the Spirit Catcher miniature train, watch cultural performances, shop the Artisan Marketplace, and much more. Klahowya Village is now closed for the season.
Burnaby, Canada
“Klahowya Village! What a wonderful place to visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My twin boys and I absolutely love Klahowya Village in Stanley Park! We love the train ride, the performances, and the friendly people! We really look forward to visiting Klahowya Village in Stanley Park again!

Visited June 2013
AboriginalTourismBC, Customer Service at Klahowya Village in Stanley Park, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thanks for your amazing review! We are looking forward to seeing you again - and for your boys to get another chance to see the bear!

Squamish, Canada
“Great insight into First Nations Culture for my Children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I took my two girls to Klahowya Village last Saturday. The programming was great. Not only did my girls enjoy the train ride but they also loved being part of the story-telling, learn to sing and drum workshop and the dance performances. Everything was interactive and well-orchestrated.

Visited June 2013
Thanks for taking time to leave us a great review. We are very glad that you and your girls had a great time - we try to get the children involved as much as we can! Hope to see you again!
Amos, Quebec, Canada
“Stanley park first native visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great activitie with Happy peoples. Children Like music and the stories.

Thank you Brooklyn for the bracelet!

Visited June 2013
Thanks for coming - we're glad you enjoyed it! We will pass on your thanks to Brooklyn for the bracelet.
vancouver
“Daycare field trip to Klahowya Village”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I took a family daycare to this attraction at Stanley Park. My intentions were to educate the children while at the Klahowya Village.

While on our adventure we went over to what appeared to be a carving station (no one in sight). I started to educate the children on what we could see to the best of my knowledge. As we were looking at a canoe and a rather large piece of wood a lady came up yelling at us to get out as it may be dangerous. She told me knives and blades could be in the pile of sawdust. I told her then rope the place off if it is dangerous as this is an open area that appears to be open to the public to view.

The only attraction that was available was the train. Although we did go on the train none of the children asked to go a second time. The only other stations available were a couple trying to sell a few things, and even with that station no one was interested in calling us over to have a look.

After dealing with an impolite employee we left the village and had a much better relaxed time in Stanley Park itself.

Unless they make some changes for 2013, make the place kid/family friendly and safe I wouldn't waste my time nor money.

Visited August 2012
AboriginalTourismBC, Customer Service at Klahowya Village in Stanley Park, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hi there. We are sorry that your daycare visit to Klahowya Village was a disappointment. Your review was shared with the management team and was considered when developing the programming for the 2013 season. We hope you will consider returning to Klahowya Village this summer. Watch for more details coming soon.
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was an amazing experience, and it's was just the start of a new beginning. We enjoyed the train, the face paintings, the puppet show, and the dancer, music and healing ceremony. I recommend to follow every activity there, included the story teller. Thanks for all everyone.

Visited July 2012
AboriginalTourismBC, Customer Service at Klahowya Village in Stanley Park, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your impression of your visit to Klahowya Village. We hope to see you again next summer.