“Daycare field trip to Klahowya Village” 1 of 5 stars

Visit Klahowya Village in Stanley Park like an insider
$29*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Set in the heart of Vancouver's beautiful Stanley Park, Klahowya Village immerses visitors in British Columbia's fascinating and thriving Aboriginal cultures. Travel through the forest on the Spirit Catcher miniature train, watch cultural performances, shop the Artisan Marketplace, and much more. Klahowya Village is now closed for the season.
vancouver
“Daycare field trip to Klahowya Village”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I took a family daycare to this attraction at Stanley Park. My intentions were to educate the children while at the Klahowya Village.

While on our adventure we went over to what appeared to be a carving station (no one in sight). I started to educate the children on what we could see to the best of my knowledge. As we were looking at a canoe and a rather large piece of wood a lady came up yelling at us to get out as it may be dangerous. She told me knives and blades could be in the pile of sawdust. I told her then rope the place off if it is dangerous as this is an open area that appears to be open to the public to view.

The only attraction that was available was the train. Although we did go on the train none of the children asked to go a second time. The only other stations available were a couple trying to sell a few things, and even with that station no one was interested in calling us over to have a look.

After dealing with an impolite employee we left the village and had a much better relaxed time in Stanley Park itself.

Unless they make some changes for 2013, make the place kid/family friendly and safe I wouldn't waste my time nor money.

Visited August 2012
AboriginalTourismBC, Customer Service at Klahowya Village in Stanley Park, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hi there. We are sorry that your daycare visit to Klahowya Village was a disappointment. Your review was shared with the management team and was considered when developing the programming for the 2013 season. We hope you will consider returning to Klahowya Village this summer. Watch for more details coming soon.

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was an amazing experience, and it's was just the start of a new beginning. We enjoyed the train, the face paintings, the puppet show, and the dancer, music and healing ceremony. I recommend to follow every activity there, included the story teller. Thanks for all everyone.

Visited July 2012
AboriginalTourismBC, Customer Service at Klahowya Village in Stanley Park, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your impression of your visit to Klahowya Village. We hope to see you again next summer.
Vancouver, Canada
“A legend to remember...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I visited Klahowya Village with my organization as part of a Summer Program. The attendants enjoyed a ride in the train where we learned a beautiful legend. The children behind me were saying how much they liked the story and were pointing at the various characters. The arts and crafts were also nicely displayed and the artisans were crafting silver and explained how they made their bracelets more durable. It was an experience to remember.

Visited August 2012
Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to hear your visit was such a positive experience. We also appreciate you uploading photos. We hope to see you next year.
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I took my 10 year old niece to ride the train in Stanley Park like I did throughout my childhood and I can say that it was more than disappointing. My niece was bored stiff and kept commenting on how bad the story was, that the 'actors' didn't look like they were having fun and that the cut out signs were so bad. Not only did I find this juvenile, it was a total waste of money.
They need to totally revamp this to make it fun, interactive and interesting. Like the Christmas train and the Halloween train of days gone by.
I definitely missed seeing all the animals, the dark tunnel (which is now lit with neon art) and the interesting carvings which are gone except for the big moose.
Not a place I will go again or tell visitors about. Sorry.

Visited July 2012
AboriginalTourismBC, Customer Service at Klahowya Village in Stanley Park, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
We are sorry that your visit to Klahowya Village did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has been passed on to the management team for consideration as they plan for next year's summer season at Klahowya Village in Stanley Park.
Winslow, AZ
“Remarkable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We experienced Klahowya Village last weekend (from Colorado) while we were in British Columbia. This is a treasure and a remarkable place to visit. We had the privilege of visiting at length with Mike Retasket. He shared himself with us and all of the visitors in the park. He took time to share stories and insights about the Village. He is a fantastic ambassador for the park! In addition, we participated fully in all of the activities from the smudging, dancing, singing, restaurant (great food!) and vendors (all nice people!) We purchased many items and took home wonderful memories of our trip, our time at the Village and the gracious atmosphere that Mike and others help to create. We LOVED the eagle that is on the side of the building. So much to see. We will be back!

Visited August 2012
AboriginalTourismBC, Customer Service at Klahowya Village in Stanley Park, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review! We have passed your comments along to Mike and we look forward to seeing you again next summer.