“Yummy treats!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Giovane Cafe & Wine Bar

Giovane Cafe & Wine Bar
1038 Canada Place, Vancouver, British Columbia v6c 0b9, Canada (Downtown)
+1 604-695-5501
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #134 of 2,789 restaurants in Vancouver
Cuisines: Bakery, Bistro, Wine Bar
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Italian-inspired giovane café + winebar celebrates la dolce vita from morning until night. By day, guests sip exquisite coffee while tucking into bellissimo breakfasts, signature sugar buns and house-baked pastries, along with authentic paninis and pizzas. At night, the bustling café transforms into an all-Italian winebar, where diners linger over premium pasta, salumi and formaggio plates. the market, giovane’s newly added gourmet food destination, offers a carefully curated offering of luxurious prepared meals, high-end food products and exclusive gifts.
Ottawa, Canada
“Yummy treats!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Nice cafe with delicious pastries, sandwhiches, desserts. My favourite pastry was the savoury scone (think it was the ham & cheese). Quite pricey though.

Visited October 2013

84% Recommend
Toronto
“Perfect for a casual meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was travelling in Vancouver on business and wanted to eat dinner on the night I arrived so wandered around the downtown area outside my hotel. I didn't want to eat fast food and I didn't want to eat in a fancy restaurant alone. Yet, I wanted a good meal. This place is perfect for that - it was casual yet elegant and the food was reasonably, if unevenly, priced. I paid a lot of money for a ridiculously boring and small salad of lettuce but then my entree was good and reasonably priced as was my drink and dessert. The service was good. The low tables in the middle of the room are very uncomfortable (no backs) so sit at a booth chair or the bar-like table along the window.
I returned a couple of times during my visit because the food was very good, service nice and unpretentious, and because it's the kind of place you can be on your own and read a book and not feel out of place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Langley, BC
“A little bit of Italy in Downtown Vancouver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I happened to have dinner here in June when I met friends from out of town staying at the Fairmont Waterfront. They actually recommended this restaurant to us because they liked it so much, and they got to know the people who worked here from their previous visits to Vancouver. If you're looking for an outdoor patio and a lot of bar noise, this isn't it. Very quiet and quaint for a gathering of friends. I have to say the service was terrific, but that's what happens with old friends, right? There was a lot of eye catching baskets of goodies to buy on the way to my table, and old photos of the Vancouver waterfront. I'm not a drinker, but my guests seemed to like all the choices that the wine bar offered.

The food choices are quite tasty and very italian. I had to read over the menu a few times to see what I was ordering, because it's not lasagna, spaghetti or house pasta--it's like I'm in a little bit of Italy trying to figure out what to eat because the menu uses local ingredients that I don't recognize (my wife did, but I'm not the cook). I would bring my friends here if we wanted to chat all night and not worry about the time.

There is a takeout section around the corner and I only discovered it as I was leaving; I saw the selection of food, and it made me wish they had these choices of snacks to bring on those no-frill flights I take from time to time, especially when I'm tired of eating another burger & fries.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Canada
“Trendy, tasty, but expensive. Worth a splurge!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Fantastic selection of tasty treats and über wine collection. Worth a splurge. Their lunch paninis are really good, but pricey. Sandwich, salad, drink came to about $25 for take out. Wine selection in the evening is fabulous.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raynham, Massachusetts
“Very expensive!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is a nice café and it was conveniently located in the hotel I stayed at but it is extremely expensive. The bakery goods are good and the coffee was also good but there is a coffee shop in every corner in Vancouver and you don't have to spend a lot of money to get the same quality of food and beverage elsewhere.

Visited September 2013